1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Must have accesory for EM-1 + EE-1 owners

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jdthebigj, Mar 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jdthebigj

jdthebigj Mu-43 Regular

Aug 28, 2012
    Fremont, CA
    JD
    I'm primarily a bird photographer and been shooting with Olympus all my life. Primary reason for that was portability and price of the system. However, the CAF in Olympus has been seriously lacking in comparison with the Canikon. So to get a leg-up, I obtained the EE-1 RDS to improve my keeper rate for BIFs. However, it is extremely difficult to use as it sits on top of the hotshoe and switching between EVF and the EE-1 sight was a pain. Plus the hotshoe was blocked which did not allow me to use flash. I was aspiring for a contraption which will allow me to solve these problems. I came across one solution on shapeways but that was not designed for EE-1 and also did not work with the battery grip.

Weaver rail for BOEM-1

625x465_2016274_3110995_1453025611.

I came across interview of Olympus managers on imaging resource which indicated that the solution already exists. The interview was as follows:
    "
    DE: Oh, I've seen the red dot sight, but you have the bracket out here now? [They indicated they did.] Oh, oh! Yes! And is that a product now, or just an engineering mockup?

TT: No, no. The bracket itself is made by a third-party.

DE: Oh, it's a third-party bracket!

DE: I'll definitely check that out. I have to run to other appointments, but I will come back this afternoon and take a picture of that. (Ed. note: Stay tuned, I'll post a brief article about this accessory; it's actually quite simple, but the combination of a red-dot sight with the live view in the EVF is very effective!)

"
    I could not wait for the editor to post about this so I did a bit of searching and found this:

E-6673 dot sight bracket

This solves all my problems except it doesn't work for the battery grip. I'll try it out and post my experience. I found a website in Japan doing global shipping for this product:

FUJIX | Rakuten Global Market: Capture dotciteb bracket E-6673

07_s.

02_s.
    03_s.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gary5

Gary5 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 15, 2014
    I have the $8 Weaver rail and love it. For me, it's 100 times easier to use than a hot shoe mount.

3. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    Has anyone else tried this, or have another solution?

4. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2016
    Syndey, Australia
    If you use this bracket does the red cross stay anywhere near the middle of the sight after adjusting or right out to one side?