Must follow photo blogs?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by duvinclunk, Jan 13, 2013.

1. duvinclunk

duvinclunk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2012
    So I'm new to the camera scene. Been around photographers all my life and work with one closely at work and figured I'd try it out. Have had my OMD 6 months and I've been shoot-happy and hooked!

Well I'm online a lot and am an avid forum user for many hobbies and work related items. I've recently started following blogs and have been looking for some good photo blogs to follow. Anyone with suggestions? Right now the only real photo blog I follow (for photography) would be Steve Huff as he often reviews and writes about :43:. In fact his blog was partially the reason I ended up with the OMD.

So suggestions? While it would be cool to follow some that regularly talked about :43: it is not a must. I'd love to follow people to get composition and subject ideas or different lighting usages. Would love some that also regularly do instructional posts, but again not necessary.

2. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
  3. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    OMD 6?? What? When?
    Oops.. must read slower :)
  4. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Soundimageplus, T.O.P., Luminous Landscape, Admiring Light, and Robin Wong all have their good points.
  5. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I see Mike Johnson's TOP, Kirk Tuck's Visual Science Lab, and Luminous Landscape are already listed.

As well I also read Ming Thein's blog and Gregory Simpson's UltraSomething for interesting comments/thoughts.

For images/eye candy alone rather than a mix of words and images, I follow Aravind's PhotoBlog and Colossal's flickr finds which puts together an always interesting (at least for me) collection of striking images from flickr once every 2 or 3 weeks.
  6. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan