1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Music Video with the Pen

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by gsciorio, Mar 23, 2012.

1. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thought I'd share a fun project I'm doing with the Pen. I'm shooting a music video in Miami with SilverMedallion using only Olympus Pen cameras. Its been a ton of fun, simple and pretty straight forward but the results have been great.

I'll be doing a multi part how-to video series in April prior to the release of the video. Right now because of the schedule I only have time to post to Instagram and Facebook (via instagram) Here's a couple pics -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be posting in more detail on my blog - http://blog.giuliosciorio.com/?p=363

2. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Very cool!! I can't wait to see the end product.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thanks! I just updated the post with a link to my blog post with screen captures.

4. Terri

Terri Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2012
    Hope to see your final results.

• Like Like x 1
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I like the stacking idea! A m4/3 camera is light enough to do that. It might not work to good with a couple of Canon 5Ds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thanks everyone. The edit is going well. The first two challenges I had were file management and syncing of the shots but am just about past that hump. This coming week I'll cut it, color it then look at any effects and B-roll I need to complete it.

What has surprised me is the quality of the video from the Pen. Very sharp, pretty clean but I do wish Olympus opened up the bit rate more so that the videos would be even better in terms of color and noise.

7. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    I too am doing a music video with my pen. However, mine will be stop motion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Awesome! Can't wait to see it. When do you expect to have it done?

I did a bit of stop motion on this video. Super fun to do.
    <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/17097603?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;color=c21111" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

9. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    I'm doing stop motion for mine as well. But, I'm worried about my shutter life and taking 10000 pictures, so I may just do time lapse video.

I'm hoping its ready by the end of July or so.

10. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    Great video, care to share your video settings?