Music Video with the Pen

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by gsciorio, Mar 23, 2012.

1. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thought I'd share a fun project I'm doing with the Pen. I'm shooting a music video in Miami with SilverMedallion using only Olympus Pen cameras. Its been a ton of fun, simple and pretty straight forward but the results have been great.

I'll be doing a multi part how-to video series in April prior to the release of the video. Right now because of the schedule I only have time to post to Instagram and Facebook (via instagram) Here's a couple pics -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be posting in more detail on my blog - http://blog.giuliosciorio.com/?p=363

2. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Very cool!! I can't wait to see the end product.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thanks! I just updated the post with a link to my blog post with screen captures.

4. Terri

Terri Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2012
    Hope to see your final results.

• Like Like x 1
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I like the stacking idea! A m4/3 camera is light enough to do that. It might not work to good with a couple of Canon 5Ds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Thanks everyone. The edit is going well. The first two challenges I had were file management and syncing of the shots but am just about past that hump. This coming week I'll cut it, color it then look at any effects and B-roll I need to complete it.

What has surprised me is the quality of the video from the Pen. Very sharp, pretty clean but I do wish Olympus opened up the bit rate more so that the videos would be even better in terms of color and noise.

7. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    I too am doing a music video with my pen. However, mine will be stop motion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gsciorio

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Awesome! Can't wait to see it. When do you expect to have it done?

I did a bit of stop motion on this video. Super fun to do.
    <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/17097603?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;color=c21111" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

9. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    I'm doing stop motion for mine as well. But, I'm worried about my shutter life and taking 10000 pictures, so I may just do time lapse video.

I'm hoping its ready by the end of July or so.

10. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    Great video, care to share your video settings?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.