1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Music video filmed with EM5m2

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Steven, Jan 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA

Olympus does not have the best reputation for video so I was a little hesitant, especially since this was my first try with this, but I am pretty pleased with the quality. Outdoors I used the water-resistant Panasonic 12-35mm lens which was very helpful when it started to snow. I came back another day to shoot a few more scenes in milder weather and used the Panasonic 25mm/1.4. I forgot to bring an ND filter and ended up using a smaller aperture. For indoor scenes, in a studio and at a cafe next door, I used 12-35mm and 25mm/1.4.
    Someone else edited the footage. I did not talk with the editor beforehand. I don't know much about editing but I think I probably should've filmed at 60p instead of 24p for the sake of slow motion scenes.
    The star of the video also directed and had a list of scenes to be filmed. However it all kind of fell by the wayside, and some stuff was either rushed or not done at all. I will definitely try to go over everything in more detail before showing up to film next time. Snowy weather kind of made everything more interesting and dramatic I think. Definitely a case of making lemonade from lemons here. All in all, it was a great experience and I am happy with results. EM5m2 did great. I definitely appreciated the flip out screen which allowed easy filming of any weird angle I could think of. IBIS also worked beautifully, though I probably do need to work on my movement technique for smoother results.
    Any comments/critique greatly appreciated :) 

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Richantablin

Richantablin Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 25, 2014
    amazing work, gorgeous models; very very creative, and i respect & appreciate the underlying tone/"msg"!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Thank you! I appreciate the kind comments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.