Mushrooms & other Fungi

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
Harvey, you have some DR compression artifacts on the mushroom's stem - makes me think of a topographical map.
I think if the stack had gotten the entire stem in focus the results would have been better. Trying out stacking on the bottom of a ground level shroom was not a good way to learn the process.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
Yes Harvey, I’ve got more stripes than you. :)
But I did get the stem in focus...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here’s some more stripes. Look at the size of that nice vertical red one at the bottom centre! Actually I’m beginning to notice a pattern... I might have a look at the camera sensor, maybe.
The shrooms were tiny, I think I was at close to 1:1

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
Yes Harvey, I’ve got more stripes than you. :)
But I did get the stem in focus...
View attachment 762087
Here’s some more stripes. Look at the size of that nice vertical red one at the bottom centre! Actually I’m beginning to notice a pattern... I might have a look at the camera sensor, maybe.
The shrooms were tiny, I think I was at close to 1:1
Your stripes also seem to converge towards the center, except that you have a couple of check mark shaped ones on the left. I was also close to 1:1.

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
Harvey, My M5 ii can do 8 stacked shots, and I’ve never really given it a proper shot. This morning was “in camera focus stack” or nothing....
The “let’s take a random shot in front first” , then 7 behind never seemed like a good idea...
Anyways, I was determined not to go into a 50 shot bracket and all that computer work later.
After a bit of trial and error ( I needed 3 or 4 attempts) with the aperture and differential, I got closer to what I was after. And then, at f8, differential 7. I nailed it!
Wasn’t so hard after all.. :)
Pro tip!... after the shots are taken, the camera stupidly, keeps ALL the pics. I simply deleted, immediately, the unstacked pics and kept the stacked pics. This made it much easier later, with the wifi transfer to the iPad.
Anyway here’s the pic..

And Harvey, I haven’t looked too closely, but I think the red lines have disappeared! Got a bit of a blue blobby thing happening but oh well.
Saved a boat load of computer work! Happy about that, I can tell you..

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
Harvey, My M5 ii can do 8 stacked shots, and I’ve never really given it a proper shot. This morning was “in camera focus stack” or nothing....
The “let’s take a random shot in front first” , then 7 behind never seemed like a good idea...
Anyways, I was determined not to go into a 50 shot bracket and all that computer work later.
After a bit of trial and error ( I needed 3 or 4 attempts) with the aperture and differential, I got closer to what I was after. And then, at f8, differential 7. I nailed it!
Pro tip!... after the shots are taken, the camera stupidly, keeps ALL the pics. I simply deleted, immediately, the unstacked pics and kept the stacked pics. This made it much easier later, with the wifi transfer to the iPad.
Anyway here’s the pic..
View attachment 762597
And Harvey, I haven’t looked too closely, but I think the red lines have disappeared! Got a bit of a blue blobby thing happening but oh well.
That looks good. I need to play around more with the process. I can’t think of any situation where I would want to focus on the middle and have the camera go in both directions from there. Thanks Olympus.:wtf:

Richard_M

Mu-43 Regular
Anyway here’s the pic..

I've only done one in-camera focus stack, and that was after V3 firmware came out for the EM-1 allowing up to 15 images. I must admit I wasn't too impressed with the results. In saying this, on a nature photowalk I can take dozens of focus stacks, and the last thing I want to do is start chimping my shots. So for me focus bracketing is the preferred option. Selecting the number of images for each stack in post allows me greater flexibility of the final result.
Its great Olympus have made the in-camera stacking available, and I can see the benefit for many, but just not for me.

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
I've only done one in-camera focus stack, and that was after V3 firmware came out for the EM-1 allowing up to 15 images. I must admit I wasn't too impressed with the results. In saying this, on a nature photowalk I can take dozens of focus stacks, and the last thing I want to do is start chimping my shots. So for me focus bracketing is the preferred option. Selecting the number of images for each stack in post allows me greater flexibility of the final result.
Its great Olympus have made the in-camera stacking available, and I can see the benefit for many, but just not for me.
If you take ORF's, you end up with 31 photos when doing a 15 shot stack. Lots of photos to look through.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
This is Gliphorous, or something like that. I used to know, but can’t be bothered with names now, and I forget. Found a whole bunch of them today.

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew

Fungi in the Greenhouse - Le Serre Des Fourches - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D4-21 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A change of focus as we wondered along the trail thought the Le Serre Des Fourches. I believe this was the only fungus I spotted on 12 days of walking.

Day 4 of 12 - Langogne - Le Cheylard l’Evèque: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
A kiwi waxcap. Found in NZ today...

8 shot in camera stack. Olympus 60mm lens

=BY=SERG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Sergei

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
Sometimes you got to do a lot of miles before you find these, but this year they are everywhere...
This is probably my best pic of one these.
Pretty stoked to get it, this afternoon.

Real Name
What Is Real Anyway?
Sometimes you got to do a lot of miles before you find these, but this year they are everywhere...
This is probably my best pic of one these.
Pretty stoked to get it, this afternoon.
View attachment 764154
Your mushrooms all look like gummy mushrooms. They are very different from what I find.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom