Multi-exposure on G9

I went out to get some air the other night, and walked down to a nearby pond to see if I could photograph some ducks, but they were all gone. (Where do ducks go at night?!)

Instead I got an impression to try some multi exposure, which I have only tried on the odd occasion before, and never with a satisfying result. This one I actually liked. Critique welcome.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One goal was also to try the battery grip that I received today for my G9. Mixed feelings about the grip so far. I really like shooting portrait orientation with a grip. Feels like I'm missing some controls though, like the back dial that I have set to control ISO. The joystick is also placed differently, but I think I like that placement better, actually, than the one on the camera itself, because it is esaier to reach.

chap

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Chap Lovejoy
I’m with you on mixed feelings about the grip. The controls I miss most in the vertical orientation are the two front buttons... I wish they‘d found a way to have those on the grip as well, sort of like the E-M1X. Otherwise I think I prefer the feel with the grip so I often use it but just never move my hands to the vertical side.

doady

Mu-43 Regular
Your idea is not actually bad. Maybe just improvement in execution is needed. It's hard to explain, but photo seems a bit harsh/flat, lacking mood/atmosphere. Maybe I would have expected a bit more soft glow around the lamp, for example, but it is mostly black. Same with the pure white speckles on the ground and in the water. They stand out from the surrounding blackness a bit too much. But as I said, I think you have a good idea, good composition, something you can build upon. Maybe different settings in-camera or even just tweaking post-processing will be enough.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom