1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Muffler Man

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by spinyman, May 18, 2013.

1. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    This is the Muffler Man, dressed up in cap and bib to honor the start of the Amgen Tour of California bike race that kicked off in my town last weekend.These fiberglass 25 ft. tall advertising men can still be found all over the US.This one has been at this corner since the early 60's.The muffler shop is a bit of a relic as well.It's business has been mostly reduced to working on vintage cars.I caught this old fire truck as it passed by the shop.

8749081395_65650605a3_b.
    Muffler Man by spinyman, on Flickr

8749097093_baa425f881_b.
    Joor Muffler Man by HIGH CONTRAST1, on Flickr

8749077371_009406b09f_b.
    Red fire truck by spinyman, on Flickr
    OM-D/P25

2. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Great vibrant colours here, especially the red & yellow, did you do much PP?

On my calibrated monitor, the sky in the third one looks turqoise, though, compared to the other 2.

Lovely old fire truck :thumbup:

3. spinyman

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Yes savvy,
    They are tweaked a bit to resemble an old Kodachrome slide.I just thought the subject matter lent itself to that process.I don't worry about them matching.

4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    David- when's the next time you'll be coming north? You need to see my tiny succulent collection.

=G=

5. spinyman

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Hey Gary!
    Yea, we need to get together soon.I find myself checking the ads constantly for an Xpro 1.I only briefly held yours and another in a store here.I figure if G can have one,so can I! I really should consult you first though.Did you get an Xe1 yet?
    Are you free sometime this week?Maybe I can slip away and come up.

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Nope, not yet ...