1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Mu43 stuff at KEH

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by drd1135, May 24, 2013.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Not exactly a deal, but there's lots of used mu43 stuff at KEH right now. Some bodies, lots of adaptable four thirds lenses (that will AF, albeit badly) and a lot of random accessories, like chargers, batteries, hoods, etc. May be good deals for some.

2. ranxoren

ranxoren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    OT
    What's KEH?

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    go to keh.com use (and I think also new) equipment

4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    keh.com is an online company that sells used equipment. Their ratings are very conservative and I find even their bargain grade stuff to be excellent. You can waste a lot of time on that site.

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Yeah anything above very good there is usually pretty much mint to most people. The BGN stuff tends to have one clear flaw that may or may not affect image quality, usually something to do with the glass - generally the BGN turn out to be just that though, a bargain!

6. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    Conservative but very expensive.

7. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    So I went to KEH and it showed a "Mirrorless Digital" category, but there were no Oly or Lumix stuff there, just Sony, Pentax, Fuji, Samsung and Nikon 1. I didn't think any of these were Mu43.

8. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Yes, for some reason they are listed under the main DSLR subset

9. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I see. I checked it out again per your recommendation and while I found some bodies, it seemed like looking for lenses, was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Thanks for the tip regardless.

10. Shutterdad

Shutterdad Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Big D
    Jody
    Their selection is not as good as it used to be. Perhaps more people are buying used to save a few bucks.

In the past I've purchased lots of Nikon lenses and most were BGN grade. I will say that they do not look at shutter counts on the bodies they sell.

11. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    KEH's pricing is highly variable. I got some TREMENDOUS deals there I couldn't touch on eBay, and other times looked at their prices and wondered what the heck they were thinking.

That said, everything I've bought there has been very good. I still check them regularly.

Occasionally they have price reductions combined with free shipping and it's often hard to beat them then.

12. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
  13. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    I should not have looked. My credit card is glowing...

14. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I find KEH really very good. As mentioned, there ratings are conservative. I've bought a couple of bodies and several lenses there through the years, and all have been better than the rating led one to anticipate.