1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

MU43 Post Processing Challenge #104

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by torsteinh, Jun 16, 2014.

1. torsteinh

torsteinh Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Norway
    I guess its my turn to host the challenge. Thank you for the opportunity!

Challenge_104_preview.

The challenge starts now and will end at around 10 PM, GMT June 19, 2014 Monday, with judging as soon as possible thereafter (I will be in a plane to Manila at that time).

RAW: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c0y935kn6hrmt93/Challenge_104.ORF

JPEG: http://www.mediafire.com/view/40pyfxcb0b94q0s/Challenge_104.jpg

The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo, and taken with m4/3 equipment. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

Entrants:

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread

Good Luck to Everyone. ENJOY POST PROCESSING!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Wow, what is that?

3. torsteinh

torsteinh Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Norway
    It´s an old log flume not far from home. It has been renovated and you may walk several miles along it through woods and alongside the river. Very cool.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jamesgehrt

jamesgehrt Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2014
    Easthampton, Massachusetts
    James Gehrt
    Here is my stab at it.

1. Tried a square crop
    2. Brought in the sky
    3. Created some contrast in the wood
    4. Gave a slight warm tone B&W

+Jgehrt_Challenge_104.tif.

• Like Like x 6
  5. previz

previz Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Slovenia
    Peter
    And now for something completely different:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  6. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Thought I would give a go at a "old look" to go with the subject.
    Challenge_104bw. Challenge_104.

• Like Like x 7
  7. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Light at the end of the tunnel!!

pp104-1.

• Like Like x 6
  8. franklim

franklim Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Naga City, PHILIPPINES
    Francisco
    HDR
    [​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="Challenge 104_HDR"></a>[/IMG]

Thanks

• Like Like x 5
  9. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 7
  10. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 5
  11. torsteinh

torsteinh Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Norway
    Oh what fun! I will definately have a hard time deciding - and keep 'em coming!

12. Playing with different crop forms...

...and a more graphical view...

• Like Like x 5
  13. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Magic Hour
    ppc104_1.

Vintage
    ppc104_2.

• Like Like x 5
  14. torsteinh

torsteinh Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Norway
    First of all, I have to say I am impressed of how different a simple image can be using the imagination from all of you.

I have to say I had expected the HDR and tthe reduced colour variants. After all, in my mind, the image screams for it.

I really enjoyed the more "abstract" solutions. One giving me the "going into warp speed" feeling, another I am certain I have seen before illustrating "passing through to the other side". But without the train of course.

Anyway - here are my list of the three highest ranked images. However if I should rank again in a few days the list might be completely different. Altogether I loved all of the pictures.

Third place:

What Star Wars could have looked like if they used falcons instead of x-fighters:

Second place:

Going into warp speed:

And finally first place:

HDR - I just love the colour of that old wood

Congratulations franklim!

• Like Like x 9
  15. franklim

franklim Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Naga City, PHILIPPINES
    Francisco
    Thank you sirs,
    I'll pass it to sir previz the next PPC, not ready since i'm still at my field assignment..
    Congrats to all!!

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  16. previz

previz Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Slovenia
    Peter
    I got it from here franklim. Thanks.
    #105 will start later today, so charge up your batteries.

Best regards

• Like Like x 1