Mu43 App - Recurrent Prompt After Being Dismissed

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by LDraper, Jul 21, 2012.

1. LDraper

LDraper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Just recently every time I click on a forum thread I am first confronted by a dialog asking me if I want to download the Mu43 App - I access the forum almost exclusively through my iPad (1st generation). I already have the App, and I even upgraded it, but I still get the dialog. I don't really want to use the app, and I don't want to have to refuse it every time I make a move in the forum.

Anyone else see this (it's only been happening for a few days) ? Any thoughts on how to make it go away?

Thanks

2. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I have the app as well, but don't get prompted when browsing on the ipad with a browser, either with Safari or with Chrome for iPad. My guess is that the server is saving a cookie, which you've somehow lost, blocked, or corrupted.

Maybe you can clear your cookies and come back in? Hopefully, you'll get the prompt the first time and that'll be it.

Oh, one more thought, it could be tied to your user account rather than using a cookie. Try logging in, see if that makes a difference.

3. LDraper

LDraper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. The problem went away yesterday PM and showed up again this morning. I just logged out of the App, and the first click in the forum on Safari seemed to work. It's a bit like a buzzing fly, mostly an inconvenience. If this fix doesn't work I'll try clearing my cookies.

4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I agree; it takes "annoying" to a whole new level. Amin, anything you can do to limit the reminders to once per day rather than nearly every access?

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I've completely disabled the prompt until this can be sorted.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CPWarner

CPWarner Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Cliff
    I have noticed this when, in the app, I tap on a message to look at a photo or link. It seems to open the web version to do that and pops up that message. I always thought that was odd as it went there from the app. I do like the app and, in particular, the subscribed thread function. It would be cool to get that as a tab on the web version for when I am using the computer instead of the iPad. Thanks for trying to sort that out.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Update: The developer says this should be fixed now, so I re-enabled it. Let me know if it's a problem. I'd really like to keep it if it's workable, because it's the best way to let people know about the app!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Links in the app

I use the app all the time, I even prefer it to normal browsing. But, as mentioned above, up to now, when I click on a link in the app to another post/thread, it takes me to the browser, and asks me if I want the app.

Maybe the app could check if the http link goes to mu-43.com and redirect to the post in the app.

But praise for the app from me!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    That's great feedback, Ron. I'll take it up with the developer!

10. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Unrelated but relevant
    I am getting an annoying add banner at the bottom of the thread pages advertising free photo prints which won't o away and is very distracting
    Is this supposed to happen ?
    Rob