Mu43 Adapters

slothead

Mu-43 All-Pro
To be more specific non-Mu43 lens adapters. I have a good assortment of Nikkor lenses (that I of course use with my Nikon cameras), and I found a Fotodiox page that shows a Nikon F mount adapter to MFT, but it does not list the Oly OM-D E-M5 among the compatible cameras (in fact it only lists "Olympus PEN E-P1 & Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, DMC-GH1, DMC-GF1"). I'm assuming that Fotodiox is just slow in getting the E-M5 listed, but is it possible that the Fotodiox ("Nikon F Lens to Micro 4/3 (MFT) System Camera Lens Mount Adapter") will not fit the OM-D E-M5?

And of course I am also interested in any other good options for Nikon-F to OM-D E-M5 adapters that anyone know of.

Thanks,
Tom

emirabal

Mu-43 Regular
Usually those guys dont put all the cameras on the list. I bought a similar one a while back for my GF3 for canon lenses and it listed all BUT my GF3, i knew that the mount is whats important. As long as it states that its for Mu43 mount you should be good.

UNLESS its talking to the lens, as in electrically for focus, aperture, etc. Then look into it a little more.

But if you are strictly looking for manual control of your lenses, you should be good.

strang

Mu-43 Veteran
As far as I know all the mount adapters to m4/3 work interchangeably. The Panasonic made ones work on Olympus and vice versa. Aftermarket solutions should be no different.

The mount adapter adapts to the mount specified to the m4/3 mount. The m4/3 mount is the same on any m4/3 camera body.

rhoydotp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
rpamparo
As far as I know all the mount adapters to m4/3 work interchangeably. The Panasonic made ones work on Olympus and vice versa. Aftermarket solutions should be no different.

The mount adapter adapts to the mount specified to the m4/3 mount. The m4/3 mount is the same on any m4/3 camera body.

he is correct :thumbup:

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
This is correct. All :43: legacy adapters will work with any :43: body. The only exception that I'm aware of (and this is stretching the definition of "adapter") is the Lensbaby Tilt Transformer, which may not work with the OM-D due to camera's "pentaprism" hump.

Which particular Nikon lenses are you looking to adapt? If they're AF lenses without aperture rings, you won't be able to control the aperture. One way around this is to look for an adapter that has a built-in adjustable aperture. The older MF Nikon lenses (which have aperture control rings) will be simpler to adapt to :43:.

slothead

Mu-43 All-Pro
There are times when I need to save cash and with the extensive set of Nikkor lenses that I own, it would be great to take advantage of that fast glass and variety of focal lengths. I appreciate the caution regarding the aperture limitations and I will have to examine my lenses accordingly. One of those is my 10.5mm fisheye, but I don't recall that it has an aperture ring (thus it will be a nogo), so I will examine my lenses and it may result that they are not good candidates (I had assumed that the fisheye was a good candidate because it is so wide that it rarely needs much focusing). Thanks for all this feedback.

I went back and checked my Nikkor stock and there are two that I am interested in adapting. One is my 85mm f/1.4 D, and the other is my 35-70 f/2.8 micro. I think that 35-70 micro would be an excellent candidate (it is already MF in the macro/micro mode). I thought I remembered seeing a Nikon D to E-M5 adapter on the Fotodiox page, but i can't find it now (it could have been a different source too).

rhoydotp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
rpamparo
One of those is my 10.5mm fisheye, but I don't recall that it has an aperture ring (thus it will be a nogo)

there is an adapter specifically made to address this. a little pricier than the regular F/Ai adapter but it will take all type of Nikon mounts.

Latest threads

Top Bottom