Mu-43 Processing Challenge #119

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
RAW%201010256.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

lightroom
my BROWN preset for some punch
then painted in some extra clarity in the sky and water
and darked the blues a bit
cooled the overall image, and boosted the warmth of the shadows

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Janders

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Highlights and shadows adjusted in LR. Minor cropping and the house on the far left removed. Edited in Dfine 2 and then SEF 2. Attempted not to treat the sky too harshly as there is enough in the shot to grab the viewers attention without over-exaggerating the sky definition.

RAW_1010256-Edit.jpg

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
Slight crop to remove the pole on the right and place the water in the bottom third and the sky mainly in the upper third, followed by careful exposure adjustments during raw to lift the shadows, pull down the highlights. Grad applied to the sky and to the water. Some more tweaks of exposure in PS before doing an oil painting, not a fan per se of the arty type PS stuff but this seems to suit it well in my opinion.

15028041260_b1c2fa87c0_b.jpg
RAW 1010256 by aussiephil1960, on Flickr

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Matero, with five submissions, seems especially enthusiastic. Unfortunately, a little detail called "the rules" only allow for two. Therefore Matero, I need you to pick which two of your five submissions you would like me to judge. Please do not remove any of the other submissions, but leave them posted for our enjoyment.......and the chance you might change your mind before the contest closes. It will be interesting to see which two you prefer.

Oops, sorry. I didn't read the rules that carefully.

Obviously I'll reject the tests with another forum member's presets: Belarus and Instagram. And the punch settings made actually for my Fuji pictures is not working as my likings.

So, I'll keep Square and Dynamic in the race :D

Thanks!

Real Name
Andrew L
Of course someone HAD to do the tilt shift effect. Just a quick edit on my Nokia. I'm no good with applying this effect in a remotely convincing way, but oh well!
GX1•EP1•GF3•17/2.8•30/2.8

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_7wgOo8J07b8cRC2DwQvTXcKerh2xApQ.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_7wgOo8J07b8cRC2DwQvTXcKerh2xApQ.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 256

jssaraiva

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
JS
Processed with Raw Therapee, specially making WB a bit warmer, shadows/highlights and adjusting the curves, mainly the blue channel (to an "S").

RAW%201010256-XL.jpg

Zeus1

Mu-43 All-Pro
Belgium, small town between Antwerp and Ghent
Coming late to this competition, all the interesting interpretations have already been done...
Therefore, something quite different...

p884238870-5.jpg

p972773522-5.jpg

Conrad

Mu-43 Veteran
Dodging/burning, white balance, local changes to white balance, clarity and saturation in ACR.
Selective desaturation (red channel) and local increase in saturation (yellow and green channels) in Photoshop. Finished with smart sharpen before and after resize.

RAW 1010256 copy.jpg

imahawki

Mu-43 Veteran
My first entry into these threads, I did a little crop, removed all the telephone wires and the guy on the dock, as well as the dish and spotlight (and its reflection) as I thought they were distracting. Then I played with the highlights, whites and blacks, applied a little vignetting and a custom cross processing preset I developed.

p79901645-6.jpg

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
Ok, last call!

I'll let it remain open for any last minute entries for another hour, or two.

Thanks again to everyone that has participated.

u didnt officially say closed! :D

RAW%201010256-Edit.jpg

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
WOW - THANKS to you Scotsman .... i'm sitting here absolutely stunned, congrats to all the entries, I honestly thought I had no chance.

As a fairly newish member to the forum I need to know what to do now :)

Cheers
Phil

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
Thanks Scotsman, between yourself and Bokeaji (via pm) I'm confident that i'm right. I think I have the next image selected

Cheers

PS: It was uncanny that the summary you gave nailed what i had thought about as I worked on the image.
The current Olympus RAWs continue to amaze me at just how much recoverable dynamic range is available in the image when your prepared to be agressive with the sliders in ACR.

Latest threads

Top Bottom