MU-43 Post Processing Challenge #95

dbuckle

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
David Buckle
The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo, and taken with m4/3 equipment. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

Entrants:

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread

Contest will end Monday May 5th at 7PM EDT

Sorry I do not have a RAW file for this photo.

6847324335_10fa1140d8_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Burlington 1 by dbuckle2695, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/br5jY8

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I tried to find something with cropping. Just tweaked microcontrast an contrast to compensate resolution change after cropping and tone tweaking. Same applies for both takes.

6847324335_10fa1140d8_o_2_DxO.jpg

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I tried to find something with cropping. Just tweaked microcontrast an contrast to compensate resolution change after cropping and tone tweaking. Same applies for both takes.

6847324335_10fa1140d8_o_3_DxO.jpg

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Tried two slightly different crops. One lading the eye along the promenade and the other leading down the path itself.

First one I went for an Aperture yellow tone to give a vintage retro feel.

The second I used an online water colour converter tool. Something about waterfronts puts me in a water-colour kind of mood (helped by the undulating concrete and splodgy chain shadows in the original image).

Attachments

• 6847324335_10fa1140d8_o (1).jpg
    6847324335_10fa1140d8_o (1).jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 164
  • kako-NfJTQJqJGzdycZRp.jpg
    kako-NfJTQJqJGzdycZRp.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 360

franklim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Francisco
14096787884_5e0e1672e3_b.jpg
"1024" height="768" alt="6847324335_10fa1140d8_o"></a>[/IMG]

Thank you

Ger.mcg

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ger
Film noir in Silver Efex and split tone in Lightroom

10o4tg2.jpg

previz

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Played with DOF a bit.

13919928418_3c81625199_c.jpg

jomerads

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John S.

<<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/99021065@N04/14109034475" title="Harbor-1 by John Saludades, on Flickr">
14109034475_abe5d0b13d_b.jpg
"1024" height="768" alt="Harbor-1"></a>

Thanks,

John S.

csnite

Mu-43 Regular
My efforts

I am getting the idea that most of you guys like a little less literal approach to post than I normally go for. Here's my shots this time around.
The first was a crop/black and white/colorized/tilt shift effect. I like how it turned out pretty well.
pier_bandw.jpg

The second was a crop/HDR/watercolor effect.
pier_watercolor.jpg

dbuckle

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
David Buckle
After much self debate I have selected. It was really hard to chose from all the find images. They gave me some ideas to play with.
Matero's first cropped image was the 1st Place Winner.
Canite's B&W with purple tint was 2nd
Fraklim's Muted colour image was 3rd place

So now we await for Matero to post a challenge.

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
After much self debate I have selected. It was really hard to chose from all the find images. They gave me some ideas to play with.
Matero's first cropped image was the 1st Place Winner.
Canite's B&W with purple tint was 2nd
Fraklim's Muted colour image was 3rd place

So now we await for Matero to post a challenge.

Thanks, I'm really proud that you selected my re-crop. However, I have bad news. I'm in the middle of recovery run from my backups. I updated my Mac and screwed up things, and now sweating like hell and waiting my photo archives to show up. Still two to three days(!) left. I know, I did it badly, but it is another thread to describe what I learned of backups. I think I'll share later.

So when I have very limited access to my photos, I hope we could let the second best to make new challenge. I promise to do mine later if I'm lucky again, thanks.

csnite

Mu-43 Regular
I'm assuming you mean me dbuckle. I would be happy to. I'll get something up shortly.

Latest threads

Top Bottom