1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mu-43 Post Processing Challenge #87 (72 hours)

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by franklim, Mar 30, 2014.

1. franklim

franklim Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Naga City, PHILIPPINES
    Francisco
    Thanks to Sir John for this opportunity. It is an honor to host PPC #87. The Photo was taken during a sexy photoshoot . Taken with the EM5
    Again, anything goes. Have fun with this. The challenge will start 9 AM New York City time today March 31, 2014 Monday and will end at around 9AM April 3, 2014 Thursday ( Thursday 9:00pm Phil Time )

RAW : http://www.mediafire.com/download/mlfjwnjhnv618c6/PC150157.ORF

JPEG:http://www.mediafire.com/view/38dah6o6i599535/PC150157.jpg

The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo, and taken with m4/3 equipment. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

Entrants:

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread

Good Luck to Everyone. ENJOY POST PROCESSING!!!

I have to post earlier to continue the fun, will report to work, out of town, i'll be back by Thursday or friday.

mabuhay!!

Frank Lim

• Like Like x 4
  2. D4rK89

D4rK89 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2013
    Poland
    Mateusz
    Hi, this is great capture.

My first attemp:
    PC150157m.

• Like Like x 7
  3. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Nice picture.

First picture, I went for an apocalyptic look. Used Aperture to straighten, auto-enhance and a wet-plate Film FX look.

Second picture, something oddly bollywood-esque. Used Aperture to straighten, auto-enhance, crop, filp and a pastel filter.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  4. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    heres a go using Aperture, and multiple curves, with a bit dodging and burning and a vignette

PC150157_-_Version_6.

K

• Like Like x 7
  5. D4rK89

D4rK89 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2013
    Poland
    Mateusz
    First i decided to go B&W but than i went with more colors and more poping image.
    My second attemp:
    PC150157-2.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Scotsman

Scotsman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    √Čtats-Unis
    Dave
    Number 1 - B&W
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  7. Scotsman

Scotsman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    √Čtats-Unis
    Dave
    Number 2 - Vintage color
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    A sort of surreal image if you ask me. Reminded me of the Indonesian film/documentary 'Act of Killing' - well worth seeing if you havent.

pp87-1.

• Like Like x 6
  9. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    • Like Like x 6
  10. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/99021065@N04/13560978333" title="Girl On Side Of Road-1 by John Saludades, on Flickr"> 13560978333_8e7d4b3047_b. "1024" height="776" alt="Girl On Side Of Road-1"></a>

Thanks,

John S.

• Like Like x 5
  11. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.

<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/99021065@N04/13568360383" title="Girl On Side Of Road-2 by John Saludades, on Flickr"> 13568360383_dd8a4183e8_b. "1024" height="776" alt="Girl On Side Of Road-2"></a>

Thanks again,

John S.

• Like Like x 4
  12. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Sexy shoot, indeed.

First, I had to get rid of those power lines so finally had a reason to play with PS' content-aware fill, then I worked with the white balance, exposure and contrast a bit. Opted for a dreamy look for #2. Liked to have worked more on these but have run out of time for this round. Cheers.

One.
    ppc87_1.

Two.
    ppc87_2.

• Like Like x 6
  13. WhidbeyLVR

WhidbeyLVR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    Only time for one.

mamas3.

• Like Like x 7
  14. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Sweet job Lyle.

• Like Like x 1
  15. WhidbeyLVR

WhidbeyLVR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    I'm getting ready to vacation in Hawai'i, so my mindset was for a more tropical environment, but I've been too busy to really do the composite properly. The background was easy, since I had the beach-sans-people image laying around. But I kind of made a hash of removing the grass and vines around her feet. I should have spent more time on shadows, too. Anyway, t'was fun!

16. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Nice original.

Here comes my first...

13587925565_35f444df6a_b.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    ...and another one

13587924145_80360afaa7_b.

• Like Like x 5
  18. franklim

franklim Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Naga City, PHILIPPINES
    Francisco
    Just got Home from out of town, well,.. will post tomorrow or later for the Best among the Best,

thank you all..

19. franklim

franklim Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Naga City, PHILIPPINES
    Francisco
    Good Evening..
    This is the Best Among the Best of the entrants.. i based my personal judgement on how you used Post processing
    technique you applied..

4th Place: Sir scotsman, very nice layering used,.

3rd Place: Sir Robbie36, very nice presentation, especially the skin tone, Blur background

2nd Place: whidbeyLVR for the composite photo.. but lack of shadows..

so the 1st Place goes to Sir ex machina, 1st photo entry , as Content aware fill used to the electric post, and some refinements

To sir D4rk89, sir phigmov, Sir kevinparis, sir Mnhoj, sir jomerads, sir Danny_SWE.. THANK YOU very much..

Congrats to the Placers!!

"Dios Mabalos"

• Like Like x 9
  20. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Wow, thanks -- I'm honored to have been chosen out of this set of really impressive work! It's a little past my bedtime but I'll set up the next entry asap.