1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mu-43 Post Processing Challenge #84 (72 hours)

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by franklim, Mar 16, 2014.

1. franklim

franklim Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Naga City, PHILIPPINES
    Francisco
    PPC #84 will officially start at 9AM this morning SAturday March 115th (Phl time / -8 GMT). Please feel free to post your entries at any time before then as well.
    The Challenge will conclude Tuesday March 18th at 9AM (phl time / - 8GMT- Wednesday 11:00PM ).

i choose this shot, to enable us to Post process Infrared shots, to make a differrence from the privious photos, Used R72 filter, in front of 9-18mm lens
    [​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="_A140036"></a>[/IMG]

Raw : http://www.mediafire.com/download/zvr1m90w61xvltp/_A140036.ORF
    Jpeg:http://www.mediafire.com/view/fd2riis2dogcq25/_A140036.jpg

The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo, and taken with m4/3 equipment. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

Entrants:

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread

2. D4rK89

D4rK89 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2013
    Poland
    Mateusz
    Thanks for sharing this capture to PP.

My first attempt below:
    _A140036.

• Like Like x 6
  3. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Inverted Color

My effort:

[​IMG]

Decided to add the B&W version:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. Scotsman

Scotsman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    √Čtats-Unis
    Dave
    First attempt:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. Scotsman

Scotsman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    √Čtats-Unis
    Dave
    Second attempt:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
    • Like Like x 7
  8. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 5
  9. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
  10. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Such fun. I went for a soft/fuzzy look and added perspective adjustment resulting in some cropping. BTW, I'm really enjoying these exercises.

One:
    ppc84_1.

Two:
    ppc84_2.

• Like Like x 5
  11. WhidbeyLVR

WhidbeyLVR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    Entry #1
    A140036B.

Entry #2
    A140036C.

• Like Like x 6
  12. franklim

franklim Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Naga City, PHILIPPINES
    Francisco
    Thank you very much to the Participants, I've enjoyed and Learned a lot from you, Infrared is not really well accepted by some, but i"ve seen
    infrared photos linked to enviromental portraiture, weddings, they were really awesome..

Everybody is a winner in this challenge, there is no wrong photos.. its just how you want it done..

For the 3rd place.. is Sir D4rk89 for his first attempt..

for the 2nd Place.. Sir ex machina.. it's just like a framed photograph.. the blendings., aslo the red scale is , very nice..

First Place is Sir WhidbeyLVR.. Very Traditional..

to Sir scotsman, sir Jomerads, sir dbuckle,Sir klorenzo, Sir snkenai Thank You very mUCH.

CONGRATS!!

• Like Like x 6
  13. WhidbeyLVR

WhidbeyLVR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    Wow! Me? Really? Well, thanks for the challenge, and thanks for the nod!

Hrmmph... guess I'll have to find a good subject for #85. Probably won't be ready until tomorrow afternoon.

Shoot! This means I don't get to participate this go-round. Worse than that, I'll be in the hot-seat for judging. Stay tuned...

• Like Like x 3
  14. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    Congrats everyone!