1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mu-43 Post Processing Challenge #58 (72 hours)

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by mnhoj, Oct 29, 2013.

1. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Hello everyone.

PPC #58 will officially start at 5 PM PST tomorrow night October 29. Please feel free to post your entries at any time before then as well.
    The Challenge will conclude Friday, November 1 at 5PM PST(GMT-8).

Best of luck and have fun!
    10549590266_41becde945_b.

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/view/g5g52yl10dqgx/mu43_challenge_%2358#">JPEG here</a>

<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/download/03k5j6q531nv64f/P1010521.RW2">RAW here</a>

The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo, and taken with m4/3 equipment. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

Entrants
    The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread.

Attached Files:

2. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  3. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Nice image.

Both edited in Aperture.

First was a bit over the top, trying to achieve a CGI look with an soft/blur around the corners.

Second is a square crop with a bunch of tweaking to the curves, exposure, vibrancy & saturation. Finally a bit of vintage filter. I like the fact that the lens flare pops out a bit from the sun.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    pp581_1_of_1_.

Went the other way with the second entry.

• Like Like x 2
  5. franklim

franklim Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    Naga City, PHILIPPINES
    Francisco
    just 1 click Essential Dev Lr, for the color effect, added lense flare in PS.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Here are my 2 interpretations: both defished using PS6, cropped and some color accentuation using nik Viveza.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
    #2 More Conventional

10594640526_1a7d4e7fca_b.
    PP58-4 by jomerads, on Flickr

Thanks again,

John S.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  11. mnhoj

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Damn good stuff everyone!

12. previz

previz Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Slovenia
    Peter
    Let's mix it up a bit

10596778055_a5b2abb45c_c.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Cool image to work with, and very interesting "takes" so far! I'm glad the challenge doesn't close till tomorrow, as I'm hoping to get an entry in. :smile:

14. mnhoj

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Really, really tough.
    All the entries were very good.

This weeks winner is John S.(jomerads)
    #2 more conventional although I really liked the extreme too.
    10594640526_1a7d4e7fca_b.

Runner up is franklim
    Excellent use of a flare filter and out of worldly color.

And an honorable mention to dbuckle.
    Both my younger boys and my wife commented on the "minecrafty" look. Very cool sun.

Thanks everyone!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  15. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Congrats everyone! John, this is a fantastic image to work with. I'm sorry I missed out this time. Crazy week!

• Like Like x 1
  16. pen2omd

pen2omd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2013
    California
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/82954450@N05/10631557224/" title="image by cdg2lax, on Flickr">"1024" height="682" alt="image"></a>

• Like Like x 1
  17. mnhoj

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Very creative pen2.

18. pen2omd

pen2omd Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2013
    California
    Thanks,

I realized after posting that I was slightly late for the game...

19. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Looking forward to next challenge!!!!