1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Mu-43 Post Processing Challenge #36 (72 hours)

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by BAXTING, Jun 11, 2013.

1. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    No rest for the wicked :smile:

Ok here is one that may lend a few different perspectives. Let's see what y'all come up with!

mu43-ppchallenge-36-preview.

JPEG LINK

RW2 LINK

====
    Mu-43 PP Challenge Rules
    The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo, and taken with m4/3 equipment. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

Should the winner not be able to commit to being the next challenger/judge, the responsibility is passed on to the runner-up.

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

Entrants
    The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread.
    =====

2. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Used a fair degree of artistic license on this one.

aa36.

3. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    in the spirit of being out-there, here's a different take on this one.

[​IMG]

4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
  5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
  6. garrettb

garrettb New to Mu-43

Sep 23, 2012
    You can never have enough black & white submissions! Done in Lightroom 4.

Attached Files:

7. rhoydotp

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    cropped 5x4, adjust contrast, darken the blues a little bit and added warmth to the trees.

[​IMG]

8. BAXTING

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Some good entries so far guys!

9. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    Both were processed with Niks Software Color Efex Pro 4.

Filters used:
    Solarization
    Mu-43_PP_Challenge-1.

Filters used:
    Skylight Filter
    Graduated ND
    Dark Contrasts
    Polarization
    Mu-43_PP_Challenge-2.

10. Mr.Kilawin

Mr.Kilawin Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2012
    • Detail extraction from Nik Color Efex
    • Selective B/W and border (Gmic) in GIMP
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/70084627@N07/9028584353/" title="mu43-ppchallenge-36_ by Mr.Kilawin, on Flickr">"1024" height="684" alt="mu43-ppchallenge-36_"></a>

11. BAXTING

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Well tried to give it a bit more time for some more entries, but here it is!

3. aa36.

I especially appreciate this one, because of the graphic art element. It actually makes me stop and think about the image each time I view it.

2. <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/70084627@N07/9028584353/" title="mu43-ppchallenge-36_ by Mr.Kilawin, on Flickr">"1024" height="684" alt="mu43-ppchallenge-36_"></a>

I think the selective color just works in this one. I kept going back to this one and looking at it. Great job with the color and with the b+w!

1. [​IMG]

Congrats rhoydotp! Your entries are always a bit risky and I really like that you are always trying something different. I dont know what you did here, but it works for me. The image is just timeless and that what I love about it. The processing adds to the mood and it reminds me of something you could hang anywhere in your house and be happy.

Good stuff everyone!

12. rhoydotp

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    Woah! Thanks for the pick :smile:

I used MS ICE to create a pseudo panorama but instead of making it bigger, I kinda shrunk the middle to get the trees to align. sent it to Silver FX for B&W after. really just pure experimentation ... risky it is! :2thumbs:

I'll post the next one up soon.

13. rhoydotp

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    new challenge posted here

14. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Congrats! Looking forward to the next challenge. :smile:

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!