Mu-43 Post Processing Challenge #112 (72 hours)

Zeus1

Mu-43 All-Pro
Belgium, small town between Antwerp and Ghent
Usual bla-bla (read at Your own risk, beware of boredom):

The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo, and taken with m4/3 equipment. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

Entrants:

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread.

I took this picture a few weeks back during a short holiday to Venice with the family. While walking the back streets, we came on a small square next to a church and saw this lady being photographed. I only had a second to snap my picture before she hid her face behind the umbrella and emphatically gestured our party to move along. She was probably a model, being paid for these kind of pictures. It wasn't even carnival time!

In any case, something to work on to stimulate Your creative juices!

This competition will close somewhere around Saturday 12 am GMT.

RAW:
https://db.tt/XVWpGIJM

JPG: (created from RAW using GraphicConverter)
https://db.tt/VfCXUU6n

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Started with really rough removal of brooms/shovel, then cropped, went for a vintage look for the first and then more of a bleached street documentary feel for the second.

One:
ppc112_1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Two:
ppc112_2.jpg

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Nice pic.

I took your tip and did an Ilford b&w rendition, some Aperture enhancement, square crop and then DxO FilmPack.

The second, I went off-tangent, macro'd my laptop screen, cropped vertically in Aperture. Gives it a weird surveillance camera vibe which fits the mask.

Attachments

• P1100225.jpg
    P1100225.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 169
  • P6215880.jpg
    P6215880.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 153

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle

esnift

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dan
I wanted to clean up a few of the spot removals, but my poor 5-year-old macbook air just couldn't take any more. I think I may have broken my mother board as it is. Similar to my first entry with a more early morning feel to it and different crop. Also cleaned up the graffiti and street sweepers.

View attachment 376833 PPC #112 Twilight

Zeus1

Mu-43 All-Pro
Belgium, small town between Antwerp and Ghent
Time to close this competiion. Thanks to everybody for participating!

And now for the completely subjective voting....

2nd runner up: the "smile" from previz
1st runner up: the vintage rendering from exmachina

I really like the picture of robbie36 where he changed the brick wall to marble. My favourite this time!

112_1_of_1_-2.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom