Mu-43 Post Processing Challenge #11

Conrad

Mu-43 Veteran
This is my take.

Mostly burning/dodging in ACR with various settings. Overall slight bump in clarity and saturation, to bring out the warm colors. Special trick: change the white balance of the sky more to blue to remove the hazy greyness. I did not want to overdo it, and hope I have avoided the "seventies postcard" look.

And oh yes, I cropped to 4:5 and removed some distracting clouds and clutter in the foreground, so the photo is now stronger centered around the mountain. In this case 4:5 works best for me since it is the best aspect ratio for compositions with both a strong foreground and background.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pzlo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Phil
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/pzlo/8462318037/" title="entry by pzlo, on Flickr">View attachment 257031"750" height="421" alt="entry"></a>
@ entry | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Finally made some time to do one of these competitions. Made all the color & sharpening changes within Aperture, and cleaned up all the distracting weeds via Elements.

dtchan

Mu-43 Veteran
1. Color Efex Pro 4 - Detail Extractor, Brilliance Warmth - boost up saturation and warmth, Classical soft focus, Neutral ND Filter.

2. Noise reduction + 16:9 crop in LR4.

3. Vieza - increase the structure and contrast of the house.

Version1:

Version2 (applied cooler filter)

robbie36

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
rob collins
Didnt do a lot to this one shame to ruin a nice photo.
Processed in Photo Ninja which helps.
Graduated Neutral from Nik
Bush in front of hut removed.

BAXTING

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bradley
This image reminds me of the old photos my Nana would take out and show me when I was a child. I immediately felt the need to crop it to 1:1 and give it a vintage feel. Started with preset in LR and lots of tweaking afterwards. 16:9 crop added as well. Thanks for sharing a great image.

View attachment 257292
PA170021 by BAXTING, on Flickr

View attachment 257293
PA170021 by BAXTING, on Flickr

tdekany

Mu-43 All-Pro
The challenge is now officially closed!

First, let me say that I don't envy the winner. It is one thing to admire all the entries for the challenge, but to choose not 1 winner, but the top 3???, it is very stressful for me. I keep going back and forth and that is just to make the top 6! :rofl: as I write this.

But, I have to make a decision and I made mine. You guys didn't make it easy for me at all, which shows how wonderful ALL of the entries were. I appreciated every one of your pictures and loved the comments/details when they were provided. I sure learned a lot form them.

This is just me, but if I could, I'd give 1st place to everyone who entered. :2thumbs: I mean it. Please don't hold it against me, if you didn't win. The differences were so minute.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3rd place

Goes to robbbie36

I couldn't believe what the removal of the bush did to the picture and how my eyes were drawn to the "smoking" mountain. You really transformed the picture. Love it! Thank you!!!

Second place

Savvy

Work of art!!!! When I first saw your reply, I really thought you were going to be the winner. To my eyes you created something really special. Your version is more beautiful than what I remember seeing at that moment. I love your style. Thank you so much for putting the effort into it.

WINNER

madtownkeith

Keith, you did what I was trying to do with this picture and you weren't even there!!!:rofl: Thank you! That day was a very unusual day - I mean no rain, blue skies and warm temperatures? It is almost like you saw the scene through my eyes. Very lifelike, this is how I remember this picture. Great job, you deserve to be the winner.

Enjoy!!!!

Once again, I want to thank each and every one of you for participating in this challenge.

savvy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Les
Thanks, Thomas, for the great image and challenge, and also for the second place, glad you liked it :2thumbs:

Congrats madtownkeith, great edit, and even more amazing it was your first try at one of these - well done !! :bravo-009:

Look forward to your challenge now :cool:

BTW, an amended version of the challenge template/rules updated with photo creditation is here

savvy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Les
Hey Thomas, did you PM Keith to let him know he won?

He's been online since you posted, yesterday in fact, but maybe he doesn't check his participated threads, so he doesn't know for the next challenge !!

With a PM, of course, he'd get an email, and a notification when he next logged in.

tdekany

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hey Thomas, did you PM Keith to let him know he won?

He's been online since you posted, yesterday in fact, but maybe he doesn't check his participated threads, so he doesn't know for the next challenge !!

With a PM, of course, he'd get an email, and a notification when he next logged in.
Morning savvy - I was wondering what was going on. I PMed both Keith and Robbie.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just assumed that everyone is always logged in like me. :biggrin:

madtownkeith

Mu-43 Regular
Wow! Thanks for the kind words Thomas and for choosing my photo as the winner. There were some really outstanding edits, so I'm very humbled (and surprised :thumbup: ) by this.

Sorry for the late response to the thread - I've been swamped at work, so have only briefly been looking at the forum at all the last couple days.

I'll select a photo for the next challenge as quickly as I can. I have plans with my wife for Valentine's day tonight, so probably won't get anything posted until tomorrow evening. Is that OK?

Thanks again!

Keith

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom