1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mu-43 Post Processing Challenge #100 (72 hours)

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by jomerads, May 27, 2014.

1. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
    Hi all! I am so proud that we have all reached #100. I for one have learned a lot from these challenges.

Here is a night scene taken with my EM5 and 25mm Panny. Again have fun and anything goes.

This challenge will start 9 pm NY City time May 27, 2014 Tuesday and will end May 31, 2014 Saturday 9 pm NY City time. I know its a little more than 72 hours but I work the night shift on Friday. My apologies in advance. The links for the files are down below.

14286987595_280371e955_b. untitled-22 by jomerads, on Flickr
    The Rules:

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo, and taken with m4/3 equipment. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

***** If the winner fails to post a new challenge within five days, the responsibility passes to the runner-up. *****

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

Entrants
    The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at Mu-43.com" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread

JPEG: http://www.mediafire.com/view/hphv129npv5a508/untitled-22.JPG

RAW: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hu7a633iw0kqeva/untitled-22.ORF

Thanks to all,

John S.

• Like Like x 5
  2. WhidbeyLVR

WhidbeyLVR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    PP Noir

PPC100-BW.

• Like Like x 11
  3. dbuckle

dbuckle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 8
  4. Won't be able to participate in this competition....leaving for an extended holiday on the Belgian coast where I will have only very limited internet access.

Success to all! See You with competition 101.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ger.mcg

Ger.mcg Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    Ireland
    Ger
    A b&w

[​IMG]

And one in colour

125p2dl.

• Like Like x 4
  6. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    I did my usual Aperture tweakage and square crop for the first.

For the second, and in celebration of the 100th challenge, I went slightly meta - partially to find out what the sign said and partially to add to the general levity of this particular milestone :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Here's my poke at it..

BW process in LR5 + Topaz BW2

Added some fog and street light ground highlights in PSCC

Final touches: grain, warmth added and exported from LR5.

• Like Like x 4
  8. previz

previz Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Slovenia
    Peter
    My version:
    14307544541_1563f6fa98_c.

• Like Like x 4
  9. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
    Great work, guys

I'll come up with the winners later on today, Sunday June 1

Thanks

John S.

10. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
    Okay and the winners are:

3rd place: Bradley (BAXTING): Black and White, Grainy effect
    2nd place: Ger's second colour entry. Simple yet effective balanced rendition.
    1st place: Lyle. (Whidbey): The black and white processing here is great even without the people added. The people added was just bonus; making the image more interesting.

Special mention: dbuckle: great ghostly initial image, great painterly colored rendition on the second. phigmov's: computer screen capture (ha, ha!) and Peter's (previz) perspective shift (how did you do that? :). That's everybody.

Special thanks to the behind the scene movers of this PP Challenge thread; the people who have been there from about the start and has continued this special forum up to now; fighting to keep this thread going. I would like to mention these special people: phigmov, Margaret (twokatmew), John M. (mnojh), Elliot (bokeaji), Francisco (franklim) and others. {Feel free to add your names}. All of You deserve our thanks!

Happy #100 Everyone!

John S.

• Like Like x 6
  11. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
    Oh I forgot to thank zeus1. You and I: we're part of the second generation group. Thank you I learned a lot from you.

John S.

12. WhidbeyLVR

WhidbeyLVR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Whidbey Island
    Lyle
    Thank you, John. I had too much fun doing it.

I will choose or shoot a suitable image within a day or two for PPC 101.

• Like Like x 1