MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for November 2018 - SKY [CLOSED, WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
This months theme is SKY.

Think along the lines of things in the sky or depicting atmospheric effects. Some examples:

1-P2191270.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1-DA142588e.jpg

Please read these 3 simplified rules:

I. Photos must be taken in the contest month (seriously, go take some new pictures)
II. Must resemble the theme (if possible)
III. Max 2 entries (each in a separate post), date the photo was taken must be shown.

Rules for Participants:
  • This is a fun contest with nothing to be won but bragging rights. Having said that, please read and follow the rules below to make it easier for everyone.
  • The contest period is the current month. Entries can be made until approximately midnight on the last day of the month local time. Voting will extend until the third day of the following month. The winner will then be announced and be responsible for posting the new contest. If the new contest is not announced by the 7th of the month, responsibility for posting falls to the second place finisher. Keep it simple and post/vote early so we don't have to obsess over deadlines and time zones.
  • Post a maximum of two entries, each in a separate post. (The host may also enter.)
  • As the purpose of this contest is to get people out and shooting, photos must be taken in the contest period. Please note the date the photo was taken in your post.
  • As a m43 community, we advocate the use of m43 cameras. However, since many of us shoot with multiple systems, we allow photos taken with any camera.
  • Photos receive one point for each "like" (thumbs up), "funny" (happy face), "appreciate" (heart icon), or "agree" (green check mark) and two points for each "winner" (medal) or "Wow" (surprised face) clicked on the post. The photo with the most points wins the contest. A tie is resolved by the post with the larger number of "winner" and "wow" votes.
Procedures for Winners/Contest Hosts:
  • As a contest winner, you are responsible for posting/hosting the contest for the next month. This is easy and just requires several steps as outlined below.
  • Select the theme for the next month. The theme should be accessible and relevant for everyone. Obscure and difficult themes limit participation and are thus discouraged. Avoid themes related to specific holidays, seasons, geography, etc. Suggested themes include: B&W, Portrait, OOC jpeg, Close Up, Self Portrait, Transportation, Minimalist, Architecture, Long Exposure, Art Filter, Motion, Specific Focal Length, Shutter Speed, Liquid, Reflections, Colour, Calm. Pick one of these or you may pick a theme of your own choosing. Themes may be used multiple times.
  • After you select a theme, post a new thread in "Contests and Challenges" section of the forum. The thread title should read "MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for [current month, year] - [selected theme]". Copy and paste these rules and post. Also please add the contest theme that you just won to the list. You may wish to include a sample photo to demonstrate the theme (and this will not count as an entry).
  • On the last day of the month, post that entries are closed and voting will be open until the 3rd.
  • At the conclusion of voting on the 3rd or shortly after, tally the points and announce the winner and runner-up, being sure to tag them in the post and also sending a PM to the winner.
Previous Monthly Contest Themes can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Santa

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom Staggs
E2572F89-07A0-4381-8836-39DB5D8E29B7.jpeg

Taken November 1st

haunted scrap heap
My first thought was that the sky never gets all that interesting here... but there is a lot of traffic, so I set the camera out for an hour or so in Live Composite mode hoping to catch some interesting patterns... not quite what I'd hoped, but I'll post it anyway...

gb052435.jpg

Taken a few hours ago. I was actually surprised at how well some of the star trails showed up against the light pollution... due to exposure settings that slightly clipped the brighter aircraft, I guess.

Andrewmap

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Martin
Taken 10th of November.

P1040145a1.jpg

D

Deleted member 29303

caravan.jpg

Jay_M

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I took my new PL 12-60 out for a spin yesterday while exploring. So far every day of November the sky has looked like this :hmmm:
P1043045(0)_G.jpg

Cant really complain about the 70 degree temps though :2thumbs:

guzziknight

Mu-43 Top Veteran
18F165CC-CFE4-4197-9BD5-498594B7EC16.jpeg

Petroglyph National Monument and Albuquerque, NM.

Taken 11/2/18

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Taken on my walk tonight (the 16th).
1-20181116_191757e.jpg

ohaya

Mu-43 Veteran
I hope this is ok but this was taken with my phone camera:

IMG_20181106_170758.jpg

Real Name
Steve
Taken 14 Nov 18. I haven't posted this particular image anywhere else.

PB140010a 2k.jpg

rkaijus

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ram
E0EBC200-5945-408D-AF4F-F2DF8DE8D51B.jpeg

guzziknight

Mu-43 Top Veteran
5A7366B5-5953-4B73-81A1-3BF34E1B91ED.jpeg

Sunset from Sandia Peak. Albuquerque, NM.

Taken 11/16/18

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Taken today November 17.
P1020677_DxO_Web.jpg

Sunset in Drottningholm Castle park.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron
45879431212_9289e5fd2c_o.jpg

Nov 17, San Clemente, CA

Giiba

Something to someone somewhere
Nov 18
Them seaguls...
OI000036.jpg

wolfie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Sky in a puddle
3827191.jpg

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Excellent images @rpatodia, I don't think they qualify for the photo contest, however. Please read the rules in the first post, notably:

1. You are limited to a maximum of TWO entries.
2. Entries must be taken during the month of the contest (November 2018 in this case), and the date must be listed. I note from inspecting the EXIF that your photos were taken months ago or in previous years.

rpatodia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ramesh
Excellent images @rpatodia, I don't think they qualify for the photo contest, however. Please read the rules in the first post, notably:

1. You are limited to a maximum of TWO entries.
2. Entries must be taken during the month of the contest (November 2018 in this case), and the date must be listed. I note from inspecting the EXIF that your photos were taken months ago or in previous years.
Sorry did not read all the fine print
:)
Let the pics remain but you can disqualify me from the contest

Latest threads

Top Bottom