Mu-43 Monthly Photo Contest for May 2019 - Long Exposure

TNcasual

Mu-43 Legend
The new contest for May 2019 is "Long Exposure." This could be with a ND filter, Live Composite, or simply a longer shutter speed. Long exposures can smooth movement, leave light trails or bring brightness to low light situations.

And of course, the Three Rules.

I. Photos must be taken in the contest month; the date the photo was taken must be shown with photo
II. Must resemble the theme
III. Max 2 entries (each in a separate post)

A couple examples:
With an ND filter
45614170295_10a6fbc3b0_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Live Composite
33081482875_430165b967_b.jpg

And copied from the previous month:
As usual, a liberal and creative interpretation of the theme is encouraged!

Rules for Participants:
  • This is a fun contest with nothing to be won but bragging rights. Having said that, please read and follow the rules below to make it easier for everyone.
  • The contest period is the current month. Entries can be made until approximately midnight on the last day of the month local time. Voting will extend until the third day of the following month. The winner will then be announced and be responsible for posting the new contest. If the new contest is not announced by the 7th of the month, responsibility for posting falls to the second place finisher. Keep it simple and post/vote early so we don't have to obsess over deadlines and time zones.
  • Post a maximum of two entries, each in a separate post. (The host may also enter.)
  • As the purpose of this contest is to get people out and shooting, photos must be taken in the contest period. Please note the date the photo was taken in your post.
  • As a m43 community, we advocate the use of m43 cameras. However, since many of us shoot with multiple systems, we allow photos taken with any camera.
  • Photos receive one point for each "like" (thumbs up), "funny" (happy face), "appreciate" (heart icon), or "agree" (green check mark) and two points for each "winner" (medal) or "Wow" (surprised face) clicked on the post. The photo with the most points wins the contest. A tie is resolved by the post with the larger number of "winner" and "wow" votes.

Procedures for Winners/Contest Hosts:
  • As a contest winner, you are responsible for posting/hosting the contest for the next month. This is easy and just requires several steps as outlined below.
  • Select the theme for the next month. The theme should be accessible and relevant for everyone. Obscure and difficult themes limit participation and are thus discouraged. Avoid themes related to specific holidays, seasons, geography, etc. Suggested themes include: B&W, Portrait, OOC jpeg, Close Up, Self Portrait, Transportation, Minimalist, Architecture, Long Exposure, Art Filter, Motion, Specific Focal Length, Shutter Speed, Liquid, Reflections, Colour, Calm. Pick one of these or you may pick a theme of your own choosing. Themes may be used multiple times.
  • After you select a theme, post a new thread in "Contests and Challenges" section of the forum. The thread title should read "MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for [current month, year] - [selected theme]". Copy and paste these rules and post. Also please add the contest theme that you just won to the list. You may wish to include a sample photo to demonstrate the theme (and this will not count as an entry).
  • On the last day of the month, post that entries are closed and voting will be open until the 3rd.
  • At the conclusion of voting on the 3rd or shortly after, tally the points and announce the winner and runner-up, being sure to tag them in the post and also sending a PM to the winner.
Good luck and Happy Photo Hunting!

D

Deleted member 29884

Wild waters

20190504_105241.jpg

D

Deleted member 29884

Sorry, I thought it will be readable from the EXIF.

Date taken - 4th May 2019

To make up for my mistake, one more from the same date

20190504_105649.jpg

fotoppi

Mu-43 Veteran
Hello, I found this thread upon invitation.
The photo below has been taken last evening with a Pen-F and the 17/1.8 in live composite mode and art filter partial color II.
(I like the partially de-saturated version best)
OPF51521 (3)_o.jpg

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
Last edited:

fader

Mu-43 Top Veteran
"Last Light"

View attachment 743320

The last rays of sunset fall on a rocky outcropping in the Morbihan, looking south towards the Golfe de Gascogne (Bay of Biscay). Isle de Groix, seen on the horizon, features Europe's only convex shaped beach.

Technical notes: taken May 9th. No filters used; bare lens captures blended from ~90 frames f10, 1/25 @ ISO200. cropped 10:8.

Last edited:

adammaniam

Mu-43 Veteran
Taken on 10 May, 1/3 sec.

P5100719-2.jpg

travelbug

Mu-43 Veteran
date taken May 5 2019
Dying Light
I took this 40 second long exposure in poor light just as twilight was about to set in in Batanes, Philippines. But even with the barest sliver of light, the beauty of Batanes still shows.

2fb.jpg

fader

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Cartesian Cauldron

View attachment 746252

Taken May 9th. When I saw this month's competition I knew that it was a great opportunity to push my previous experiments to simulate ND filters using stacking techniques. This image has ~200 frames. (Going to move my writeup to a different thread).

Last edited:

glparker389

Mu-43 Rookie
A0C8A255-0DED-4223-B502-2D08D90BA645.jpeg
Warp-speed. Silver Beach Carousel, St. Joseph, MI. May 24, 2019.

ISO 200, 1/2.5 sec, F16. Rokinon 7.5mm/F3.5. Camera resting on railing; lightly cropped.

Thanks for the suggestion to enter, @Harvey Melvin Richards !

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Early morning May 31st.
P1030300_DxO_Web_2.jpg

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
For a fast-paced event one would usually use a fast shutter speed. I however wanted to isolate the subject from the background and preferred to use a slower shutter speed and pan to create motion-blur in the background
With a Micro 4/3 camera on 25MAY19

47971329297_3092ae6abe_h.jpg
Dust Huste 8_10 by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Latest threads

Top Bottom