Mu-43 Monthly Photo Contest for March 2020 - Converging Lines

betamax

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alan
This month's contest is about converging lines. Anything that conveys a sense of depth, distance, height etc.

Rules:
1. The image must be taken within the contest month; the date of the photo must be indicated on the post
2. The image must resemble the theme, although a liberal and creative interpretation is encouraged.
3. A maximum of two (2) entries per participant, in separate posts
4. If you shot the image with a micro four thirds camera, include the make and model in your post for an added bonus of three (3) points.

A liberal and creative interpretation of the theme is encouraged!

Rules for Participants:
  • This is a fun contest with nothing to be won but bragging rights. Having said that, please read and follow the rules below to make it easier for everyone.
  • The contest period is the current month. Entries can be made until approximately midnight on the last day of the month local time. You can Vote for any picture or multiple pictures you like during the month and voting will extend until the third day of the following month. The winner will then be announced and be responsible for posting the new contest. If the new contest is not announced by the 7th of the month, responsibility for posting falls to the second place finisher. Keep it simple and post/vote early so we don't have to obsess over deadlines and time zones.
  • Post a maximum of two entries, each in a separate post. (The host may also enter.)
  • As the purpose of this contest is to get people out and shooting, photos must be taken in the contest period. Please note the date the photo was taken in your post.
  • As a m43 community, we advocate the use of m43 cameras. However, since many of us shoot with multiple systems, we allow photos taken with any camera.
  • Photos receive one point for each "like" (thumbs up), "funny" (happy face), "appreciate" (heart icon), or "agree" (green check mark) and two points for each "winner" (medal) or "Wow" (surprised face) clicked on the post. The photo with the most points wins the contest. A tie is resolved by the post with the larger number of "winner" and "wow" votes. Submitting a photo to the contest is not required to Vote.

P3080191.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_2070092.jpg

Procedures for Winners/Contest Hosts:
  • As a contest winner, you are responsible for posting/hosting the contest for the next month. This is easy and just requires several steps as outlined below.
  • Select the theme for the next month. The theme should be accessible and relevant for everyone. Obscure and difficult themes limit participation and are thus discouraged. Avoid themes related to specific holidays, seasons, geography, etc. Suggested themes include: B&W, Portrait, OOC jpeg, Close Up, Self Portrait, Transportation, Minimalist, Architecture, Long Exposure, Art Filter, Motion, Specific Focal Length, Shutter Speed, Liquid, Reflections, Colour, Calm. Pick one of these or you may pick a theme of your own choosing. Themes may be used multiple times.
  • After you select a theme, post a new thread in "Contests and Challenges" section of the forum. The thread title should read "MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for [current month, year] - [selected theme]". Copy and paste these rules and post. Also please add the contest theme that you just won to the list. You may wish to include a sample photo to demonstrate the theme (and this will not count as an entry).
  • On the last day of the month, post that entries are closed and voting will continue and be accepted until the 3rd.
  • At the conclusion of voting on the 3rd or shortly after, tally the points and announce the winner and runner-up, being sure to tag them in the post and also sending a PM to the winner.
  • Most important thing is HAVE FUN!
    MU-43 Monthly Photo Contests

Santa

Super Moderator
Real Name
Tom Staggs
Taken March 4th with an Olympus E-PL8

21729F56-E9A2-48B8-9937-EF9E18395B2E.jpeg

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Frank Gehry-designed Peter B Lewis building on Case Western Reserve University campus in Cleveland Ohio.
Taken March 5, 2020 with Panny GX85

DaveRedman

Mu-43 Regular
49620251157_5e6c19d096_b.jpg
P1060463re by Dave Redman, on Flickr

Line of lights along channel walkway (foreground) converge with line of lights on the pier.
And the spacing of the lights appear to converge closer together, the further away.
Last night, March 4th, quite a bit after sunset, ISO 1600.

GX-1, adapted Minolta MD 35-70 back from my SRT201 days.

>>Later Note:
And let me say, the coloration you see is the jpg file straight from the camera.
I did rotate the image a degree or two. I quess I wasnt observing the level indication while leaning that far over the rail har har har

Last edited:

DaveRedman

Mu-43 Regular
Two questions (if allowed):

- I thought voting to be last day end of month and 1st and 2nd of next month. Seems like I see some already?.

- Each person can vote for ? one winner pic, one thumbs up pic , one happy face pic, . . . .? ? I didnt see that described anywhere. I assume do not have to submitt an entry to vote.

If dont want this discussion in the thread, PM me answers, and/or point out where is more description of the procedure, and I can also delete the post (I assume).

Hey, today is just about the one year anniversary of getting the GX1 (my first real digital camera).

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John

- I thought voting to be last day end of month and 1st and 2nd of next month. Seems like I see some already?.

- Each person can vote for ? one winner pic, one thumbs up pic , one happy face pic, . . . .? ? I didnt see that described anywhere. I assume do not have to submitt an entry to vote.

If dont want this discussion in the thread, PM me answers, and/or point out where is more description of the procedure, and I can also delete the post (I assume).

Hey, today is just about the one year anniversary of getting the GX1 (my first real digital camera).
People seem to vote whenever. On top of that, you can always go back and change your vote until contest ends. As far as I know, you can vote any number of each type of vote (winner, like, etc.).

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo

You can vote all the time up to the date and time that the OP designates.
You can give your votes/likes/winners/wovs all pictures.
No need to enter the competition to vote.
I like to do get my reaction in as I see the picture for the first time, then when the contest closes and the voting time comes I can go back and change my votes if I want to.

If someone has to ask this question I suggest that maybe the original post should be more clear about this?

A local graffiti bridge (March 7, 2020): Panasonic GX8/Oly 12 mm

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Today my $17 replacement rear dial for my GX85 finally arrived from Hong Kong (ordered on Feb 10).
After about 1.5 hours I had the new part in and camera fired up-what a joy to see the dial work again!

And during the operation I happened to find some interesting lines...

Taken with Panny GM1 of the Panny GX85 innards March 7th

[major thanks to @retiredfromlife for his awesome helpful post to various service manuals!].

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Today my $17 replacement rear dial for my GX85 finally arrived from Hong Kong (ordered on Feb 10).
After about 1.5 hours I had the new part in and camera fired up-what a joy to see the dial work again!

And during the operation I happened to find some interesting lines...

Taken with Panny GM1 of the Panny GX85 innards March 7th

View attachment 806763

[major thanks to @retiredfromlife for his awesome helpful post to various service manuals!].
I have not seen such an example of time compensation on a PCB before, seems to be a balanced signal that has needs of very tight timing.

Entry 2: Furrows (March 7). Panasonic GX8/Olympus 60

junkyardsparkle

haunted scrap heap
The Great Toilet Paper Crisis of 2020... NEVAR FORGET!!!

f3140142.jpg

(Oh, yeah... taken today, March 14, with E-PL7 and Oly 12/2)

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Taken March 14, 2020. Edit: With Olympus Pen-F.
P3140019_DxO_Web.jpg

Last edited:

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Taken on a brief walk 23rd March, avoiding people whilst getting fresh air and sunshine! Olympus OMD-EM10ii + P12-32 stitched panorama.

P3230083-Pano-2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom