- Mar 20, 2014
- BayArea, CA
- Real Name
For this month's contest, I borrowed the idea from this thread Show us a frame as a composition.
Rules for Participants:
- The image must be taken within the contest month; the date the photo was taken must be stated in the post.
- The image must resemble the theme, although a liberal and creative interpretation is encouraged.
- A maximum of two (2) entries per participant, in separate posts
Rules for Participants:
- This is a fun contest with nothing to be won but bragging rights.
Having said that, please read and follow the rules below to make it easier for everyone.
- The contest period is the current month. Entries can be made until approximately midnight on the last day of the month local time (in this case I will use GMT time). You can Vote for any picture or multiple pictures you like during the month and voting will extend until the third day of the following month. The winner will then be announced and be responsible for posting the new contest. If the new contest is not announced by the 7th of the month, responsibility for posting falls to the second place finisher. Keep it simple and post/vote early so we don't have to obsess over deadlines and time zones.
- Post a maximum of two entries, each in a separate post. (The host may also enter.)
- As the purpose of this contest is to get people out and shooting, photos must be taken in the contest period. Please note the date the photo was taken in your post.
- As a m43 community, we advocate the use of m43 cameras. However, since many of us shoot with multiple systems, we allow photos taken with any camera.
- Photos receive one point for each "like" (thumbs up), "funny" (happy face), "appreciate" (heart icon), or "agree" (green check mark) and two points for each "winner" (medal) or "Wow" (surprised face) clicked on the post. The photo with the most points wins the contest. A tie is resolved by the post with the larger number of "winner" and "wow" votes. Submitting a photo to the contest is not required to be able to vote.
- As a contest winner, you are responsible for posting/hosting the contest for the next month. This is easy and just requires several steps as outlined below.
- Select the theme for the next month. The theme should be accessible and relevant for everyone. Obscure and difficult themes limit participation and are thus discouraged. Avoid themes related to specific holidays, seasons, geography, etc. Suggested themes include: B&W, Portrait, OOC jpeg, Close Up, Self Portrait, Transportation, Minimalist, Architecture, Long Exposure, Art Filter, Motion, Specific Focal Length, Shutter Speed, Liquid, Reflections, Colour, Calm. Pick one of these or you may pick a theme of your own choosing. Themes may be used multiple times.
- After you select a theme, post a new thread in "Contests and Challenges" section of the forum. The thread title should read "MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for [current month, year] - [selected theme]". Copy and paste these rules and post. Also please add the contest theme that you just won to the list. You may wish to include a sample photo to demonstrate the theme (and this will not count as an entry).
- On the last day of the month, post that entries are closed and voting will continue and be accepted until the 3rd.
- At the conclusion of voting on the 3rd or shortly after, tally the points
- Photos receive one point for each "like" (thumbs up), "funny" (happy face), "appreciate" (heart icon), or "agree" (green check mark) and two points for each "winner" (medal) or "Wow" (surprised face) clicked on the post. The photo with the most points wins the contest. A tie is resolved by the post with the larger number of "winner" and "wow" vote
- announce the winner and runner-up, being sure to tag them in the post by using an @ in front of their name
- also send a PM to the winner.
- Most important thing is HAVE FUN!
- Previous Monthly Photo Contests
Last edited by a moderator: