Mu-43 Monthly Photo Contest for July 2019 - The Road Less Traveled

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Taken last Saturday, on the Peer Gynt Road between Gålå and Skeikampen, Norway.

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
Taken July 13, 2019

Max 80 km/h donut - Inside Australia - Lake Ballard - GQDT 001 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Awoke from a slumber at the Inside Australia - Lake Ballard camp ground to discover one rear flat tyre. Great I thought. This will be fun driving for 200+ kilometres on AWD roads on a donut without a second spare and no phone range.

Well that was to be the least of the problems. It turns out the mechanic when replacing the brakes did a real good job with the compressor. One nearly stripped bolt later and a helping hand with a second tyre lever to create some leverage, the old tyre was removed, just. We were so close to one stripped bolt leaving us stranded on the road least travelled.

Last edited:

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
Taken July 11, 2019

Last horse salon - Grand Hotel - Kookynie -GQDT 002 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

When we arrived at the Grand Hotel in Kookynie (Western Australia's oldest hotel apparently, being built in 1902) there was no sign of this horse. We wondered around a bit and upon our return to the hotel and the car, there was our friend, patiently waiting at the front door for the hotel to open. There was nobody in sight and no harness or the like on the horse.

Kookynie today is pretty much a ghost town with the hotel being the only aspect recalling the days of the gold rush era in the early 1900's.

We visited as part of our July 2019 father/son drive of the 1,000 km Golden Quest Discovery Trail in the goldfields of Western Australia.

Last edited:
Real Name
Joshua

Taken near Goblin Valley State Park, Utah. On July 15th. Photo taken with a Panasonic GX-8, 14-150 lens @14mm

Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
Last edited:

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Reposting this as the original was accidentally deleted (if you had already given it a reaction, like or better, then please could you redo your reaction).

'The Cat's Eye'

Taken 23rd July 2019, OMD-EM10ii + P25 f/1.7

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
The Road Less Traveled, but on occasion by an Amish Buggy or two...

July 24th, Covered Bridge near rural Volant, PA, taken while fly fishing Neshannock Creek

feel free to give negative points
;)

Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
I believe enough time has been given for voting: now closed.
A lot of entries, some really stunning; good effort from everybody :clapping:

And the winners are

In 3rd place entry #4 "Heading Home" by @gnarlydog australia with 30 pt (+3pt for M43 camera used)

in 2nd place entry #16 "Track South Coast" by @retiredfromlife with 32 pt (+3pt for M43 camera used)

and in 1st place the winner is entry #14 (untitled) by @melanieylang with 38 pt (+3pt for M43 camera used)

Melanie you take away the trophy this time: congratulations.
Now it's your turn to come up with a good theme and host August's challenge

Cheers
Damiano

melanieylang

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks for an interesting challenge, and to the voters who voted for my photo - and drat, now I have to host the August competition! I hope I do this right...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom