MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for January 2021 - Architectural Detail

Santa

Super Moderator
Real Name
Tom Staggs
Bell tower on Baptist Church in Goodlettsville, TN. 29 Jan 21

69672770-65F3-4817-8409-16D83DE13B57.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

January has ended, and time for submissions has ended.
I count 31 submissions.

I see that the submissions in last week or so have added well to the competition. Good.
(And I don't mean have added just in number.)

Voting remains open.
Sometime late Wednesday Feb 3rd (or early Thursday) I will do a vote tally.

Last edited:
. . . . . . . . and voting will extend until the third day of the following month. The winner will then be announced, .
. . . . . . . At the conclusion of voting on the 3rd or shortly after, tally the points

As I reread this I see it seems to say vote tally ON the 3rd (not after 3 days of voting).

Will be back and do a tally yet today.

Have made a tally.

To list some of the top ( in order of appearance)

#8 @joma416 10&2= 14

#9 @protapic 13&3= 19

#12 @protapic 13&4= 21

#13 @pdk42 12&1= 14

#18 @Zapp DJR 13&2= 17

#21 @DickB 10&3= 16

#24 @Zapp DJR 10&2= 14

Let me also mention #31 @Harvey Melvin Richards for total of 13, but with 9 of those being the funny laugh face.
and #42 @SandyO with 12 likes when he didn't made submission until the 27th.

So, that will be first place to John @protapic colorful and sharp rotunda interior shot with total of 21.
And second place to, ah, John @protapic Greyhound buss terminal tower at 19 points. (Hey, I have been at that terminal. 1978.)
So, will also say Third place Darek @Zapp DJR castle with skeleton in tower at 17 points.
With @DickB fireescape close with 16 .

Last edited:

protapic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Thanks to everyone for the votes, and thanks Dave for the inspiring challenge! Forced me to get out on a very cold day and go downtown. I went specifically downtown to go to the rotunda at Heinen's grocery (entry #2), but darn it, they had closed off that area due to covid. I had to reach up high with my camera and take picture over some shelving units. Was not the shot I had hoped for, but the best I could make. On drive back home the Greyhound station caught my eye as the light was hitting it just right (entry #1).

Will have something up soon....

BTW, I really liked the skeleton in tower shot @Zapp DJR !

DickB

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks to everyone for the votes, and thanks Dave for the inspiring challenge! Forced me to get out on a very cold day and go downtown. I went specifically downtown to go to the rotunda at Heinen's grocery (entry #2), but darn it, they had closed off that area due to covid. I had to reach up high with my camera and take picture over some shelving units. Was not the shot I had hoped for, but the best I could make. On drive back home the Greyhound station caught my eye as the light was hitting it just right (entry #1).

Will have something up soon....

BTW, I really liked the skeleton in tower shot @Zapp DJR !
Congrats for a hard-fought match. 🙂
And thanks to Dave for running it. It was fun finding something to enter and also seeing the others.
Dick

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom