's Post Processing Challenge - #21!

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by Bokeaji, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Hey guys!
    I was going to use a photo from the San Diego leg of my trip, but i realized i only kept the pinhole jpgs from the oly, and the raws were all x100s
    so i went with my #2 option from my previous win

its from a couple friends wedding last fall
    they asked me to come and be backup photographer/behind the scenes/candid type photographer

i had a blast, once i got over panicking about possibly ruining their wedding memories.. lol!

here is one that a friend of mine flipped out over and loved, so i thought id see what everyone else comes up with for it!

i promise not to show krista if any of you give her demonic baby doll eyes ;) not mentioning any names.... hehehehehe :D
    so dont be afraid to be wacky!

Mu-43 PP Challenge Rules

lets end this sometime March 31st!

The Challenger will provide any photo that he/she deems worthy of challenging other members to "improve" by way Post Processing. It must be their own photo, and taken with m4/3 equipment. "Improve" is a subjective term, and includes many creative ideas as well as traditional "fixing". The Challenger agrees that entrants may make any changes they deem fit to post in their entry.

The winner of the previous challenge gets to post the next Challenge and serves as the judge for his/her PP challenge.

For obvious purposes, the judge is disqualified from participating in his/her own PP challenge. Instead, he/she should post a photo to start out the challenge.

Should the winner not be able to commit to being the next challenger/judge, the responsibility is passed on to the runner-up.

At the end of the 72-hours (we don't have to be strict about 72-hours, especially with time differences depending on where you are on the globe), the judge will name a winner, a first runner-up, and a second runner-up.

The Challenger's image is posted for the sole purpose of the PP Challenge; it is not posted to invite Critique or Criticism.

Entries shall be limited to 2 per member for each Challenge.

Entrants to post a BBCode link to the Large size image of their PP edit(s), preferably 1024px x npx, or npx x 1024px, if the original image and/or the PP edit allow for these sizes. Also a click-through to the original sized hosted edit if appropriate (but not a requirement for entry). If you post your entry to a photo-hosting site such as Flickr, Photobucket, or a Gallery, etc., please credit the original photographer to make it clear it is not your photograph; something like "Photo taken by xxxxxx over at" should suffice.

Entrants are strongly encouraged to post the settings and techniques used for their entry, however this is not a requirement for entry.

As we all know, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. We may not all agree with the chosen winners, but the judges decision is final without adverse comment from the Entrants; the judge is encouraged (but not required) to state what criteria he used to decide on a winner.

To make sure we don't break any Mu-43 rules/regulations, by participating in the PP Challenge you are allowing the judge to re-post your image for the sole purpose of announcing the winners in the thread.
  2. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    I can see why she loved your image - it is wonderful!

Here is my go at a dreamy look:
    Did some pp'ing in photoshop and lightroom.

3. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Here's a quick one, these are great for getting more familiar with the editing software I've got on my tab. This probably would have been easier in ps touch, but I tried to color pop the flowers using control points in snapseed.

I might have to try this one again from a real computer.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  5. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    rob collins
  6. ovengloves

ovengloves Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2013
    England, UK
    My first go at PP on a human subject!
    Bit of a rushed job, I can still see some ugly brushstrokes, and I might have gone overboard on the noise reduction, her hair seems a bit cartoony.

A beautiful bride deserves some beautiful PP, I might try again this evening for my second attempt :)

7. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    great tweaks guys! keep em coming!
  8. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
  9. ovengloves

ovengloves Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2013
    England, UK
  10. radamo

radamo Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Wow, beautiful image...
    Here is my rendition. I guess I am a traditionalist. Thought this too nice to do anything but try for reality with a little tweak. Cropped a bit, tried for the right color balance and then added a vignette to focus on the bride.
    One color and one B&W.

11. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    here's my entry!

Attached Files:

12. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Another try:

Alien Skin Exposure + some Viveza tweaks
  13. Mr.Kilawin

Mr.Kilawin Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2012
    First Entry

<a href="" title="Mu43PPChallenge19 by Mr.Kilawin, on Flickr">[​IMG]"800" height="618" alt="Mu43PPChallenge19"></a>
  14. drewbot

drewbot Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON
  15. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Here are my two entries. First time trying any kind of a wedding shot.

<a href="" title="challenge21 by woody112704, on Flickr">[​IMG]"908" height="1024" alt="challenge21"></a>

<a href="" title="challenge21bnw by woody112704, on Flickr">[​IMG]"908" height="1024" alt="challenge21bnw"></a>
  16. JLphoto

JLphoto Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2013
    San Francisco/Marin County
    I love this image, although I was surprised at how noisy it was at ISO 1000, especially for an OMD. On my first edit, I did basic adjustments, plus some brushing to bring out highlights on her. Then I added a brightening graduated filter, and a desaturation preset, which I thought appropriate for a bridal photo.

Glowing Bride Color | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

For my second entry, I turned it BW and brightened the image a bit.

Glowing Bride BW | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks, and congrats on your third challenge hosting!
  17. redalien

redalien Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Here is my first entry, lots of adjustments in LR and then a split tone treatment. I moved a lot of the sliders to the extreme ends.

18. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
  19. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
  20. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    wow a ton more great ones! ive got the flu, so it was nice to check in while i had enuf energy to open my laptop and see so many entries!
    thanks for the great work!