1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mu-43.com is moving to a better server

Discussion in 'Site information' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    At some point within the next few days, we'll be moving to a new server with more resources. Ultimately that should provide better site performance, but there are likely to be a few hiccups. The site may go down briefly, and you may experience issues for up to a couple days as DNS propagation occurs. In the meanwhile, I'll post any and all updates on my Google+ page as well as Facebook and Twitter.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. This is one of those growing pains that should make things better for everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    There have been quite a lot of hiccups of late anyways. I can certainly stand some hiccups that will make the hiccups go away for good. xD Congrats on the move! I'm sure it will go smoothly...

• Like Like x 1
  3. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    For those of us who don't access Google+....we'll wait patiently and trust that all is going well!:smile:

4. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Why no Twitter? :frown:

5. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Ditto what the other Chuck said...

No interest in G+ here, but really hoping to see :43: improve in both performance and reliability!

6. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Maybe because Twitter has been down all morning!?

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'll post updates on Twitter too, and Facebook as well. Updating first post now. Can't update Twitter until I can access Twitter though :).

8. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    nice. what host are you moving to? or same host, new server?

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  10. timothysoong

timothysoong Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 10, 2011
    Taipei, Taiwan
    New server to start a new year. Awesome! Hopefully like you've mentioned this will be the last server move.

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The server move is complete. Please let me know if you find any bugs!

12. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Gee that was quick. How many hours did it take Amin?

13. Iconindustries

Actually Amin, a few posts I have made are missing. All gone. Where could they have disappeared too?

Edit. The whole thread I replied to is missing.

14. Iconindustries

One of the threads i replied to was posted by member S38 (45 posts). I had the link of the thread still open as a tab. Now i've copied that link, placing it in a new tab and it goes to an unrelated post by a member called 'Ebay RSS' (spam for all i know) and which takes me to an Ebay page. So somewhere the original has been lost.

15. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Brady, posts which were made after the server change are lost. In fact, there are probably still a few people who don't realize they're on the old site and are still posting there. I can go back to the old site to copy posts and bring them here, but it's a very manually intensive process. What was the thread you are missing?

16. Iconindustries

Ok No worries. I was just worried for the guy who posted the thread because he'd come back and there wouldn't be any trace of it at all.

The thread was called 'Gradation Settings in Raw' and it was just a short question.

the link is here (old server link)

https://www.mu-43.com/f42/gradation-settings-raw-19865/

A reply i made on here would be nice if i could get that back.

https://www.mu-43.com/f69/introduction-my-way-towards-micro-4-3-a-19856/

The rest I won't worry about.

17. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    If anyone wants to go to the old site to copy/paste from posts which were made today during the server change and didn't get copied over, the old site is available here:

Code:
    http://199.193.245.247/mu-43.com/
    However, when you go to that site, clicking on any link will take you to the new site, so you have to hover over a thread link to find out the url for the thread and paste the old IP before it in the browser.

So a thread with the URL:

Code:
    https://www.mu-43.com/f43/having-trouble-gh2-firmware-update-files-19863/
    has to be entered in the browser as:

Code:
    http://199.193.245.247/mu-43.com/f43/having-trouble-gh2-firmware-update-files-19863/
    Making things worse, you have to specify the page of the thread you want to see, again because links won't work. So to go to page 3 of that thread on the old site, you would enter this into your browser:

Code:
    http://199.193.245.247/www.mu-43.com/f43/having-trouble-gh2-firmware-update-files-19863/index3.html
    Sorry about this. I should have closed the old forum down to prevent posting there during the server change!

18. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I've restored those. Sorry about the others!

19. Iconindustries

Thanks Amin. Your're a Legend:thumbup:

20. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    No problem here.. any way you can improve your site is much appreciated and you are doing the right thing and a Great Job.. .. but your site has been good all along! I love it.. keep it up.. GOOD JOB.. Improvements are the real deal to be successful.. IF no improvements are made to your business ... you are in Big trouble. LOL.. I have seen that hundreds of times.. just my two cents.. you are on the right track..
    Doug

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.