Mu-43 App to be Discontinued

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Our dedicated mobile app will be discontinued soon. It has proven too expensive and time consuming to maintain. I will continue to develop the mobile version of the site. For the time being, we will also continue to support the free Tapatalk app.

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
When it is imminently happening, can we get a solid drop dead date posted, so those of us using it dont go to sign in and get an error?

Sent from my LG-P769 using Mu-43 mobile app

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
When it is imminently happening, can we get a solid drop dead date posted, so those of us using it dont go to sign in and get an error?Sent from my LG-P769 using Mu-43 mobile app
I don't know if they can tell me that. It's possible that the app will continue to work for those who use it, but I suggest switching over to Tapatalk now if you like using an app.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Our dedicated mobile app will be discontinued soon. It has proven too expensive and time consuming to maintain. I will continue to develop the mobile version of the site. For the time being, we will also continue to support the free Tapatalk app.

Thanks for the heads up. On a less serious note, the various 'Sent from my TRS-80 using Mu-43 mobile app' tags on messages always looked rather tacky to me.

(Though seriously, is there a way to get rid of the Tapatalk tags as well? IMO they don't improve the messages).

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Thanks for the heads up. On a less serious note, the various 'Sent from my TRS-80 using Mu-43 mobile app' tags on messages always looked rather tacky to me.(Though seriously, is there a way to get rid of the Tapatalk tags as well? IMO they don't improve the messages).
Yes, the signature is optional in Tapatalk.

owczi

nareteV 34-uM
That's a pity, the app is great and has always been my main way of accessing mu43 on the go. Tapatalk is fine but the dedicated app always felt a bit more lightweight. Oh well.

Real Name
Andrew L
That's too bad, I only used it on my Nexus tablet though, as my daily carry phone is a WP. The Tapatalk app is decent tho, and I'm looking forward to the mobile version of the site!

BSH

Mu-43 Veteran
Bummer! Mobile device is my sole access to the site anymore. :(

Sent from my BNTV600 using Mu-43 mobile app

sgreszcz

Mu-43 Veteran
The mu43 app was getting buggy and crashing lately.

I switched to tapatalk and find the experience much better.

Please keep supporting the tapatalk client if possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owczi

nareteV 34-uM
Have you tried the mobile version of the site?

I have and it does work well. I'm still using an iPhone 3GS though which is reaching its end of life and a native app works much faster than any website on it. But that's not a big issue, there is Tapatalk.

As I said, not an issue, I'm just not too good with accepting change. It's not that the forum is closing down :)

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I have and it does work well. I'm still using an iPhone 3GS though which is reaching its end of life and a native app works much faster than any website on it. But that's not a big issue, there is Tapatalk.

As I said, not an issue, I'm just not too good with accepting change. It's not that the forum is closing down :)

I'm working on the mobile site every day - when I am done, I think it will be faster than Tapatalk.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm working on the mobile site every day - when I am done, I think it will be faster than Tapatalk.

You'll be pulling off a miracle then. On my 4s even a lite mobile page is slower in safari than tapatalk.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
You'll be pulling off a miracle then. On my 4s even a lite mobile page is slower in safari than tapatalk.

If I disable images, the mobile version is already faster than Tapatalk, at least on my LG G2 and my wife's iPhone 5S. Leads me to believe that there has to be some way for me to handle the images on the mobile site that will make it at least competitive with Tapatalk. The FredMiranda mobile site is very, very fast for me.

Ramsey

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sorry to hear that. I never got used to using tapatalk, guess i have no choice now...

sent from my Xperia Z

tuxxdk

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Martin
I can't help but wonder why the great effort to make the mobile version? I mean, when having Tapatalk I'd never consider using the mobile version. It's just so much nicer to have all the forums together in one app.

Latest threads

Top Bottom