Mu-43 App (iOS and Android) Issues

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by bitmatt, Jun 27, 2012.

1. bitmatt

bitmatt Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    Cleveland
    Matt
    The last few days I've not been able to log in via the mobile (IOS) app. It'll try and then I get a message that says:

"Parse Error- The remote server sent an unknown response. This could be the result of the forum software plugin being outdated. Tap the "Report" button below to send this report to support for analysis."

I hit "Report" and the message goes away, but then I just get black screen with spinny thing forever. I've force-quit the app & rebooted my phone a few times, but no luck on my end. Any ideas?

2. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    Same here, both iPhone and iPad. I didn't know if the app developer was related to this site or not and didn't know where to ask. Hopefully someone knows how to get the ball rolling on a fix. I've attempted to email the app developers, too.

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Same here, I deleted and re-loaded the app ... no problems yet.

G

4. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Same here on my iPhone, but my iPad is still working fine.

I guess I can try deleting and re-installing the app and see if that fixes it, shame there's not any option in the app for clearing the cache or resetting somehow first.

5. JimmyK

JimmyK Mu-43 Regular

Apr 11, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    James Knodell
    Same problem with my iPad. Guess I'll delete the app and reinstall.

6. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Deleting and reinstalling worked for me (posting from my iPhone now).

7. bitmatt

bitmatt Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    Cleveland
    Matt
    Reinstalling seems to do the trick. Thanks everybody!

8. MichaelJC

MichaelJC Mu-43 Regular

The Android app was great...until yesteday. Now all I get when I try to open it is "Error: The remote server sent an unknown response. This could be the result of the forum software plugin being outdated or having a conflict.". This is version 1.3.13

Edit: OK, uninstalling and re-installing appears to have fixed it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    Argh, I hate having to do this, especially with an app that requires a login to function. I guess I'll have to try it.

10. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    deleting and reinstalling worked for about two days for me, then it started up again...

11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Same here. Just deleted and reloaded again

12. chicks

chicks Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    The Big Valley, CA
    When this happens on my 'droid tablet, I just have to clear the app's cache to fix it. Dunno if it'll work for the Apple.

13. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    As far as I can tell there's no way to clear the cache on the iOS app version at least. I am pretty sure this is somehow related to a corrupted cache in the app but there doesn't seem to be any nice way to clear it out like there is with Tapatalk on the iPad/iPhone for instance.

14. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I have similar problems with some other apps and have found quitting the app (double click home button, press app icon till it wiggles, and "delete") clears it up. All cache and tmp files are deleted when you do this (in iOS 5+). Now, if the app is putting corrupt info in a document file, those get backed up and loaded back so the problem will not go away with quitting. Basically, there is a problem with the app, or what it backs up, if the quit doesn't fix the problem. That will require the developer to fix the app.

15. jloden

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    FWIW, I tried that several times on my iPhone with no luck. It's worth a try first since it's less destructive but if that doesn't work then reinstalling the app is probably the next step.

16. hydro

hydro Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Randy Hyde
    Same here with my iPad. Deleted the app and re-installed.

17. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    yeah just deleted and re-installed it and it was fine again!

18. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    both my iPhone and iPad apps are no longer working - i was having problems with the iPhone app about 2 weeks ago and re-installed, got it working for a while and then it went south again. the iPad app was working fine until this week. Both come up with an error:

"Parse Error" - The remote server sent an unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated. Tap the "Report" button below to send this report to support for analysis.

I've tried letting both apps report, but it just spins and spins...

19. eno789

eno789 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 5, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    Brian
    Same on my iPhone.

20. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Uninstall + reinstall fixes it.