Mt Rainier from Cockpit, FL380

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by dtw757, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi dtw757, and welcome to the forum :friends:

That's a stunning view, thanks for sharing... were you the pilot?

I edited your post to display the image inline - all you need to do is press the "Insert Image" icon in the message editor, and paste the image address.

Cheers

Brian

2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Beautiful subtle colours in this.

I would love to see a version of this with part of the cockpit included especially part of the illuminated instrument panel and 2nd pilot if applicable.

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Wow, that is one amazing and intense view! Wonderful image. It would be interesting to see a version as Ian suggested, too.

And yes, welcome to mu-43.com!

4. chalkdust

chalkdust Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Dec 29, 2009
    McKinney, Texas
    Welcome. I am glad you landed here!

5. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Absolutely gorgeous colors... Perfect horizon...

Welcome Aboard

6. dtw757

dtw757 Mu-43 Rookie Charter Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Rainier thanks

Thanks for the nice comments. I WAS the Pilot. I was trying to time the shot between the bumps as we were in some light turbulence. There's not a lot of room between the instrument panel and my camera to get the "all inclusive" shot and given the bumps, it was probably better that I stayed strapped in.

Brian...I tried attaching the photo, didn't seem to work but was probably operator error on my part. I'll give it a shot on my next post.

Mike

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

I had a feeling you were the pilot.:biggrin:

If you haven't had a chance yet, you might want to check out the Housekeeping forum here: https://www.mu-43.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77 where there several good stickies that address, among other things, different options as to how to post photos here in the forums and in the galleries.

Looking forward to more from your view!:thumbup: