Mt. Assiniboine Provincial Park, BC, Canada

jmacpix

Mu-43 Regular
Last week my wife and girls (5 & 7) and I hiked 85 kilometres (53 mils) plus into Mt. Assiniboine Provincial Park in British Columbia, Canada. The park is only accessible by foot or helicopter and is named after 3,618 m (11,870 ft) Mt. Assiniboine. It's a magical place with stunning scenery. Here's a few images shot with my GF1 and a 14-45mm.

Assiniboine026.JPG

Assiniboine021.JPG

Assiniboine025.jpg

Assiniboine007.JPG

On_top_of_the_Nublet.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Cheers
Jeff

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Amazing - on all fronts, the hike (the length of the hike!) the fact that your two little girls made it all that way, too, and your glorious photographs!

Seriously, wonderful...but I have to ask about that squirrel???? A pet or a hitchhiker?

hmpws

Mu-43 Regular
Wish I have a chance to go there! I wish my dad was cool like this (he is cool in other ways though).

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice shots and probably even nicer trip.
- You only used the tripod for the group/self portrait? (or did the squirrel take that picture for you...)

jmacpix

Mu-43 Regular
Seriously, wonderful...but I have to ask about that squirrel???? A pet or a hitchhiker?
Thanks everyone!

The squirrels are everywhere in the park. This one was exploring a duffel back belonging to one of the Assiniboine Lodge guests that was in a pile waiting to flown out by helicopter. We didn't stay in the lodge but camped in a tent. The squirrels around the lodge are used to people and will come right up to you and take food out of your hand or steal your lunch if your not careful.

Reactions: BBW

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'd be working away at black and white interpretations of those shots, particularly the first one, many thanks for sharing those with us.

Barrie

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Barrie, it would be nice to see that one in particular in black and white. The color version is so fantastic, I hadn't thought about it.

retnull

Mu-43 Regular
Hats off to you for lovely images, and also for motivating your family to undertake such an adventure. Last week, I had the hardest time convincing my wife and two girls to do a 2-mile hike in the forests of New Hampshire...and you guys did 53 miles!

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for taking the time to make some black and whites from those, like them a lot.

Barrie

Pap

Mu-43 Regular
Very nice images! And the family image is great. Beautiful are without doubt. And the squirrel has to bring a smile to all!
Pap

Very nice. I like the B&W even more than the color - leaves everything open to the imagination. Might even try #2 - its not quite as strong a composition as the two you converted already, but its got such a brilliant sky that a good B&W might really bring it out.

Regardless, what a trip! Thats a lot of hiking for the little ones. Good on you for doing it.

-Ray