1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mr Streetshooter - Next Quest please

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by BillN, Nov 3, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Post another Don, it keeps "old guys" like me moving in this "cold" weather

• Like Like x 2
  2. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    :thiagree:

Even if I don´t post in every quest (sometimes I am lazy, sometimes I find it to difficult, sometimes no energy left after working nights etc.), I always follow the discussion and offcourse looks at all the pictures.

Always interesting to read the thoughts and comments of the members.

And Shooter, your photos and words are a big inspiration for me, even if my photos are not in the same genre as yours (and certainly not the same quality.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

While I certainly do not speak for Don,I do know he's been extra busy in the working world of late, so don't despair!

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thanks for the support and interest. I am working 100 miles from home and driving back and forth every day. I will get a new quest up shortly....
    Don

• Like Like x 1
  5. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    That's tough, Don. Hope you don't have to do that for too long! :eek: 

6. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    I have an idea: RFF is having an HCB gathering this weekend in honor of the exhibit at SF Moma. On the RFF thread:

"I thought that a worldwide day shooting the style of the old master might be in order."

That photograph inspired him to stop painting and to take up photography seriously. He explained, "I suddenly understood that a photograph could fix eternity in an instant."

So, a few essential elements:

1) he preferred black and white;
    2) he printed full frame, preferring to compose in the viewfinder;
    3) he liked small cameras (perfect for here);
    4) he tested lenses by taking pictures of ducks in parks;

Here's a page with an extensive sampling of his work.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Goodness Deidre I just had a look at the link for HCB mmm hard act to follow challenge is there tho' :smile:
    San Franciso 1960 caught my eye

8. deirdre

Aug 9, 2010
    Oh, I'm not saying follow -- just try to see what he might have found interesting if he were walking alongside you that day.

9. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Well, if you study the galleries from the past Image Quest, you will see that the basic principals that Bresson and the masters applied, are in the IQ. I have taken things apart and singled out the elements to create the IQ. So, due to this, Bresson as well as all the masters walk along side everyone doing the IQ. You just need to look inside yourself to be aware of their presence.

I'd like to think that a Bresson remembrance day is not necessary as those doing the quest are remembering him and the masters each and every day, I know I do.

It's a nice gesture but the galleries prove my ideas correct.

• Like Like x 1
  10. deirdre

Aug 9, 2010
    Good points.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.