Moving To France, European Charger for E-PL1?

JoshuaAlan

New to Mu-43
Bonjour! I'm leaving for France at the first of next month and am currently getting all the last things together. I am ordering the European adapter for my Macbook, but what about my E-PL1? Would it be okay to trust an universal adapter from the local big box store or is there one I can buy just for my PEN? I definitely don't want to fry my battery when I get there!

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran
The Olympus BCS-1 is actually an international voltage charger, so it already safely covers all of the power outlet standards around the world (100-240V). All you really need is either a new cord with European plug (these are fairly standard you could possibly get some any decent electronics store), or a simple international plug converter (which is a LOT cheaper than a voltage step converter).

julienrl

Mu-43 Regular
yup, the plug costs about 3$, you can find them at MEC, CAA stores, airports (a few $ premium on that) as well as the EDGE store.

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
This also should apply to you Macbook. I've used my macbook pro around the world by simply just plugging in a new power cord, it's made to accept the normal 8 shaped plug, on the transformer end.

julienrl

Mu-43 Regular
while we are on the topic, most electronics can do this now, even the cheapest of the cheapest, as long as they are not too old. Pretty much everything made in the past 5-7 years can do this.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom