Moving To France, European Charger for E-PL1?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by JoshuaAlan, Aug 5, 2010.

  1. JoshuaAlan

    JoshuaAlan New to Mu-43

    Jun 24, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Bonjour! I'm leaving for France at the first of next month and am currently getting all the last things together. I am ordering the European adapter for my Macbook, but what about my E-PL1? Would it be okay to trust an universal adapter from the local big box store or is there one I can buy just for my PEN? I definitely don't want to fry my battery when I get there!
  2. everythingsablur

    everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

    Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    The Olympus BCS-1 is actually an international voltage charger, so it already safely covers all of the power outlet standards around the world (100-240V). All you really need is either a new cord with European plug (these are fairly standard you could possibly get some any decent electronics store), or a simple international plug converter (which is a LOT cheaper than a voltage step converter).
  3. julienrl

    julienrl Mu-43 Regular

    Jul 28, 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario
    yup, the plug costs about 3$, you can find them at MEC, CAA stores, airports (a few $ premium on that) as well as the EDGE store.
  4. Krang

    Krang Mu-43 Veteran

    Feb 19, 2010
    This also should apply to you Macbook. I've used my macbook pro around the world by simply just plugging in a new power cord, it's made to accept the normal 8 shaped plug, on the transformer end.
  5. julienrl

    julienrl Mu-43 Regular

    Jul 28, 2010
    Ottawa, Ontario
    while we are on the topic, most electronics can do this now, even the cheapest of the cheapest, as long as they are not too old. Pretty much everything made in the past 5-7 years can do this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.