Movin' on down the road . . .

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by RevBob, Jun 21, 2013.

1. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    I won't be posting or commenting much over the next couple of weeks. We're in the process of moving about 20 miles south of where we've been living. I've been appointed to a new four church cooperative parish. I will be the lead pastor and director. I'll work with a part-time associate. It's a huge challenge - these churches haven't worked together before. Moving is also challenging - we've lived in this house for 17 years and have acquired a lot of "stuff". I'll check in when I can and hope to be back to semi-normal in a couple of weeks. Until then I probably won't be around much. Keep shooting, I'll be back! :biggrin:
  2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Good luck with the move. Will keep a close eye out for your return :)
  3. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tempe, AZ
    Back up the dumpster!

Good luck with the moves...
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Nothing like doing a job that you enjoy though! :smile:
    Oh and..."congrats" on the new appointment...:smile:
  5. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
  6. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Wow, good luck with the new project Bob, sounds like a big deal to run a parish of that size, especially one like this that is in the process of amalgamating.

More saints than sinners here mate, we'll hold the fort until you get back :)
  7. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    Congratulations to the new appointment and good luck with the move. I'm sure everything will work out fine for you. :)
  8. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Congratulations on the appointment :bravo-009:-

With regard to the move I hope that you did better than us as we still have some boxes in the loft to be unpacked - that's OK apart from the fact we have been in the "new" house over ten years:eek::eek:
  9. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

Many important things to consider when moving, even moving such a short distance.

For example, what new lenses will you need to acquire in order to fully capture the ambiance of the new locale?

Will you need to upgrade your flash system in order to improve the new native lighting?

Should you buy a backup body before you move in case the movers damage the existing one, or should you wait until after the move?

Is there a good brick 'n mortar photography store in the new location? Did you remember to buy a card and make brownies for the old store in case you need to return?

Congratulations on the new assignment, and good luck with the move!

10. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Congratulations on the new gig, Bob!

So, do you pack up the camera stuff in a box or hand carry?

Best of luck with the move!
  11. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD