1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Movie mode ISO on E-M1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Andym72, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Andym72

Andym72 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    Reading, UK
    Just bought an E-M1, and was trying out its Movie mode (the position on the mode dial) yesterday. Hit the OK button, put it in Shutter Priority, so I could fix it to 1/60s for that smooth look.

Then went to change the ISO, and its set to Auto with all the other options greyed out, can't change it.

Is it doing this because of something I've set? Is there some option in the menus that I've missed (easily done with an Oly)?

EDIT: this is with firmware 3.0

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I'm guessing It might work differently if you don't switch to movie mode and just hit the record button?

Barry

3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I their infinite wisdom Olympus decided you get only auto ISO in P/A/S video mode, and only manual ISO in M video mode...

Also, I don't think it works like that even with the rec button in stills mode. I just tried fixing it to ISO200 1/50s in stills mode with a f/3.5 lens, walked into a dark area when stills was warning of underexposure but video was fine...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015