1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mountainsmith Kit Cube Insert

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by boulderjoe, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Indianpeaksjoe

Indianpeaksjoe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    I thought some others might find this useful. I have been using the Mountainsmith Kit Cube insert to carry my OMD-EM5 with a few lenses. It can even fit OMD with handgrip and 75mm without an issue.
    P4190183.

photo+1.

I really dig that it can let you use your existing nice packs and keep your camera gear protected and undercover.

More info and pics: http://robonza.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-mountainsmith-kit-cube-camera.html

Cheers,
    -Joe

• Like Like x 2
  2. audiodrive

audiodrive Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Prairies
    jef
    Thanks for sharing, boulderjoe! I am also leaning of getting this to use with my Osprey Warp. Although the unit you feature is the older version, it is almost half the price of the newer one.

Thanks again!

3. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Very nice insert. I saw on the Mountainsmith website that they also offer a mico version. Were you able to compare the two versions before buying? In case yes, why did you go for the regular sized one? Is the micro to small?

4. Indianpeaksjoe

Indianpeaksjoe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    Hey Quatchi - They did not sell the mini at the time I purchased mine. That being said, I think the size is very nice if you like to carry a few lenses or if you use the HLD-6 handgrip.

Cheers!

-Joe

• Like Like x 1
  5. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Yup, got one too. Very handy to use with the closet full of messenger bags and backpacks that I have.

6. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    Has anyone tried the micro version ?

12-40 Olympus
    Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 2.75 x 3.31" (69.9 x 84 mm)

Kit Cube Micro
    Dimensions:
    Exterior: 5.5" x 6.5" x 4" (H x W x D)
    Interior: 5" x 6" x 3.5"

PS I will be dropping an insert into an osprey ozone courier bag (22 liter/1 lb 7 oz). (Bag is in the mail)