Mount questions: C/CS, T-mount focus issue

barry

Super Moderator
Hi,

I picked up a couple lenses recently...

1. Super-Lentar 35mm f/2.8 'wide-angle' s/n H544xx
It resembles this one (and also has the double-aperture rings): USED LENS NIKON SUPER-LENTAR WIDE ANGLE 1:2.8 f=35mm No.H59187 WAS $117 !!! | eBay

Mine seems to be in T-Mount (42mm with finer-pitch threads than m42 Pentax Takumar)
It also has a removable Konica adapter additionally installed.
I have a 500mm Opteka reflex lens which has a matching mount adapter to 4/3.
If I use that adapter on the thread mount, and then the MMF-3, it can be mounted on my E-M1.
However, even though it is marked for 2ft/0.6m mfd, it does not focus on anything in my house (15-20 feet max).
So I guess the registration distance of my Opteka T adapter is too short? It does appear thinner than other T-Mount->4/3 adapters online.

2. Fuji / Fujinon-TV 50mm f/1.4
Looks like Fujinon-TV 50mm 1.4 Lens C-Mount | eBay

Comparing with a Kodak C-mount adapter (male threads also), it is a match.

However, how do I know if it's C-mount or CS-mount?

Thanks!
Barry

TheMenWhoDrawSheeps

Mu-43 Top Veteran
barry13,
sorry, have not much experience with t-mount lenses. from what i know, t-mount has longer flange distance - up to 55mm, so it needs to be further away. also there is usually used t-ring in between. if you could make an improvised bellow, you could narrow your error down, if the lens should be further or nearer to the sensor.

rumplestiltskin

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just learned this. C- versus CS-mount. According to what I've been reading, a CS-mount lens requires the use of a 5mm ring in order to increase the flange-to-sensor distance so it matches the normal C-mount. The dimensions of the screw mount are otherwise identical. Such 5mm rings are like these. I bought a set for another reason but was concerned about this "CS-mount" description, as well. Hope this helps.

Latest threads

Top Bottom