Mottisfont squares (roses and others)

Real Name
Simon
I took a visit to Mottisfont Abbey yesterday. The house and gardens in Hampshire, southern England are owned and run by the National Trust and its walled gardens are home to the National Collection of pre-1900 old-fashioned roses. Many of roses are only just getting going but there are plenty of other plants and flowers too. Here are a baker’s dozen of my favourites from the day (I was really digging head on compositions it seems!):
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

All taken on my E-M1 Mark II with the stellar Olympus 12-100mm PRO (not being identified in the EXIF) and all wide open at f4.0. If I’d taken a little more time some of them could have benefitted from a deeper dof but it was a family trip with my wife and 2 daughters, both under 5, so there wasn’t that much time dedicated to photography. I’m pleased with what I’ve come away with.

Real Name
Simon
Nice set Simon. I visited Mottisfont last time I was back over. I loved the walk along the Avon and all the willows and huge trout. Although it was July it was pretty miserable weather on and off but I did my best with the flowers and there are some interiors of the Abbey here also: Historic Stately Home Mottisfont Abbey
Very nice set too Kevin. You did well to avoid crowds in July!

fader

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Great shots - really digging the peach colored tones in the last image.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom