MOTORSPORTS Thread - Post Your Fast Paced Action Here

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
Yes great images there @Bagrphotography
I especially liked the jumping 911, the Capri and the Orange Toyota Corolla 👍 Are you putting them on here ?
Ref the Z6 I bought it in the knowledge that focussing for Motorsports would be compromised but also to try to get into some other genres over the winter and perhaps beyond
Motorsports events in the UK have been decimated by Covid and am not sure what will or will not going ahead next year so I can either call it a day or try to summon some enthusiasm for some other subjects !
So I need to rely less on those events going ahead and branch out with other types of photography and as long as the Z6 captures a few good shots at the events I do manage to get to I’ll be happy
Perhaps have a read of my reasoning in the FF thread I started as I eliminated other cameras for various reasons
I got an extremely good deal with the Z6 and a 70-200 f2.8 with a whopping 20% off of both
The Z6 in effect has only cost me £1000 - £1200 ( hard to quantify exactly as it was packaged with a 24-70 and FTZ adapter) but in any case very cheap so bearing in mind the above I can put up with struggling with focus at Motorsports and may even give the manual focus thing a try as i have to admit I’ve always relied on autofocus for all of my shots - might be an interesting experiment 👍
It’s been pouring with rain for the last few days so haven’t been able to test the Z6 and the 70-200 is definitely arriving tomorrow so will try to get to the truck racing at the weekend which also has some car support racing - however the forecast is for heavy rain continuing over the weekend so will see how it goes before making a decision as there is a fair amount of cost involved in going over on the ferry with the car to get there

Last edited:

Bagrphotography

Mu-43 Regular
I have so many to 'put on' or 'put out'!
I have only had the chance to process for clients rather than me (really) but I have developed some processes FOR me, while working with clients so I can apply it over a general spread, with individual tweaks for each image.
and probably over 400gb used over the weekend.. >_<
So, I have some editing for some time to come, but I have another event this coming Sunday! Then next weekend, then the following week... argh!

Not all 400gb will be good - Photo Mechanic is marvelous for culling and sorting

Last edited:

GRID

Mu-43 All-Pro
Some more "stubbrace" as it´s called in sweden :)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

GRID

Mu-43 All-Pro
Drifting last weekend, em-1 mk2 with 40-150 F2.8 @110mm F2.8 1/15

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom