1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Morning Walk in Noanet Woods -- Sepia (img hvy)

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by WT21, Aug 7, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    After renting the OMD over the weekend, I woke again to my little EPM1.

Went for a walk in Noanet Woods local to here. Sepia tone, jpg. I put on a red filter, sharpness -2 contrast +2. But I ended up using the Sepia preset in LR anyway, lol. 14-42 kit lens. Mostly 14mm.

I was going for an old-timey look, but I think I missed a bit. The city in image #2 is Boston.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. The second and the last two really stand out for me. The very last might be my favourite. I'd be curious to see how they would look in b&w as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I was thinking of re-doing them. The sepia isn't quite working, but they were jpg shot in Sepia, so I'm wondering how a conversion to B&W would look.

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    The last one works for me...not sure if the others quite nail the sepia look.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i agree here
    but i really love that last one!

• Like Like x 1
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I like the first and the next to last. The last one is a bit dark on my screen. If you want more of an old-time look you might add a bit of white vignette - just a thought. :smile:

7. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I like the last one, nice feeling!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.