Morning Read

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Robert Watcher, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

An early morning bus ride, presented me with this image of a fellow several seats in front of me - reading the front page of La Prensa.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

I thought that the content was kind of comical when I looked ahead and saw the swimsuit pic on the front page of the National newspaper. We have a paper called the Sun in Toronto, where everyone looks to a specific page near the end of the paper - for a full page spread of the "Sun Girl".

Besides that - - - I couldn't believe the perfect composition in front of me - with that part of the newspaper perfectly framed and the man partly concealed - - - as well flattened paper, perfectly highlighted by window light.

I looked at that seat a minute later, and the paper, was being held at an angle which wouldn't have been nearly as good and had blotchy lighting - and then shortly after that, the moment that I saw was gone as he turned to other less interesting pages.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    The variables that all came together at the precise moment you activated the shutter amaze me.

Of course you displayed skills in the framing and focusing as well as the camera settings for that particular shot but the sheer luck that helped everything come together so beautifully defies logic :wink:

I think that you can safely view 'impossible' photos by well regarded professionals and rightly say to yourself 'I can do that'

Bravo :thumbup: