Morning! I have an E-P1 and I love it.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Brianetta, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    Thought I'd make my first post here, let people know a bit about my hobby, then go to bed (it's after midnight).

My photography is strictly amateur. I have no inclination whatever to go professional, and hold some minority views on the subject of copyright. I won't express them fully here, because it's an argument starter, but I will say that it's my ethical stance on copyright that has led to my licensing policy - all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons license. You're free to use it, mash it up, sell it to people on umbrellas, whatever - as long as those receiving my photos from you get given the same rights you have, and are told the name of the photographer. Details are linked from my signature.

I bought an E-P1 nearly three weeks ago. I have the 14-42mm kit lens, and once the credit card's paid off I'm allowed to start thinking about the Panasonic 20mm.

I'm having fun. Until last month I'd been using a Kodak DX6490. Anybody who's owned one will know that it's a brilliant little thing, and I still love mine... just not as much as my new Pen.

My first "proper" camera was a Praktica BMS, and I'd decided not to get any SLR that was bigger than it was. I was drawn to the ยต4/3 format by the simple fact that there was finally an interchangeable lens system camera that didn't have a reflex mirror. I don't like using a viewfinder (I rarely want to put my head anywhere near the places I'll put my camera), and I came to the conclusion shortly after seeing a dSLR for the first time, that a reflex mirror was a fix for a film-only problem, and should have died with film.

The E-P1 ticks all the boxes I wanted ticked when looking for a new camera, with the exception of battery life. Having two batteries helps an awful lot.

Here's one of the pics from my Deviant Art gallery, entitled "Love the Light." Hope you enjoy it. I'm off to bed.

B

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome B. I'm sure you'll like it here.

3. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    welcome!

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Brian(etta), thanks for your introduction and welcome!:cool:

5. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    It's a pleasure to be here. I spent an annoying couple of hours in town today getting really grainy, noisy pictures at 200 ISO. *sigh* I know this camera's capable of better; I've only myself to blame.

6. dulaney22

dulaney22 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    Welcome and nice pic!

7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here !