Morning Brian M and others

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by BillN, Mar 12, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Morning Brian

bloody miserable day here in Hampshire - wet wet wet , (no not the pop group).

Just about to make "her ladyship" a cup of tea to kick start the morning

(plus the obligatory one slice of toast and marmalade)

Cheers

2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Good morning Bill, good morning Brian, good morning everyone.

No rain, plus 3.5C.
    Looking forward to sunshine...

Enjoy your weekend.
    Kind regards, Herman

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Bill, that sounds like an easy PAD... remember the flowers for her ladyship :flowers_2:

Pretty bad up here too... could be another trip into town for some wet street shooting :smile:

Cheers

Brian

4. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Morning Bill, Brian, Herman, et all... Not quite raining yet... MUggy out though... Great portrait weather...Do it... Do it...

5. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    good morning all... wet here in central Florida since
    yesterday afternoon.

6. BillN

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Boris - do we have to refer to you now as a "future M8 owner" - I keep thinking about it as a good used one in the UK now goes for about US$2,300 - and I still have a couple of M mount lenses that I have not sold, BUT, the "reliability" problems, and possible repair costs that I read about keep throwing me out

I still have an M6 ........... I just wish I could bring myself to buying a good scanner ........ and shoot colour, (because is easy and cheap to develop at home - if I can remember how as the last time I did it was in 1979), ........... but I don't reckon that I will ever do it ....... because of the time ....... plus digital is far easier ......... so the M8 is the way to go ......... I should sell me M6 and M3 and buy a used M8

A Leica is a Leica and they are unique

7. pointoneeight

pointoneeight Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    Morning all, grey here in Crawley though Brighton was a little better. Looking forward to some creative PAD's today as it seems we all have muggy weather!

8. BillN

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Alan, although it says 06:32am on the top of your posting - it's really 11:32 am

I reckon that you have just got up!!!

9. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Bill, My dealer said he gets them in from time to time used at around 22-2500.... All the cv lenses I bought are M mount, and aside from out of whack rangefinders I haven't seen many issues.. Then again internet hype is internet hype...

I do want to shoot film, but I will only shoot b&w because I'm lazy and a couple degrees here and there ruining a weeks worth of shooting doesn't interest me with color...

I am buying a canon 8800F scanner.... Does 2x6 35mm strips at a time and if your casually shooting scan low res for archiving but high res for ones you like.... It also does 120mm so I can scan all my medium format stuf too..

10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Good morning all - it's about 40 degrees here in colonial terms and threatening rain.

Bill is it too late for me to have some toast, too?

11. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    We're just about to have lunch... it's 1.45pm here!

Cheers

Brian

12. BBW

Lunch is fine as long as there is no Marmite or Bovril!:tongue:

13. BillN

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Mods: Could we have this clock on Greenwich Mean Time - we have to maintain some sense of decorum

• Like Like x 2
  14. BBW

Can't you all control what your post times are? I thought that was an individual member's option.

15. BBW

Go into your User CP, go to Edit Options...scroll down and won't that do it for you? There is a Time Zone section...and you should be able to choose.

Mine is set on GMT-5:00

16. BillN

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Mmmmmm that's new to me - Brian will figure it out and tell me what to do

I've found it - I can now take a "night" shot at night without travelling half way around the world

17. BBW

Good for you - hey, I'm going to switch mine so I can take night shots now. Great thinking, as usual, Bill!

18. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Goodness gracious you all it is still a.m.(9:45am to be exact) in this somewhat :rofl: day in Toronto with threatening rain for the next 5 days.....had two slices of toast this morning and three cups of tea!! Temperature is slighter better than London however and I hope that the conditions change within the next month because I don't want to wear a slicker for three weeks in Blighty!!