more practice with the OMD.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by littleMT, Apr 20, 2013.

1. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    Used the kit lens. 12-50mm

2. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
  3. poisson rouge

poisson rouge Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2013
    Good photos !! Great that you show how good the kit lens can be!
  4. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    The kit 12-50 is a very good lens. The ONLY drawback, IMHO, is the relatively slow aperture settings.

I'm conflicted about selling mine, since it has the Macro function, and in good light gets really good photos.
  5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    I bought my EM5 body only, as I already owned the 14-42 IIR and felt one "kit lens" was enough. But I recently picked up a used 12-50 for its weather proofing, semi-macro ability and 12mm wide fl. Now contemplating selling the 14-42 IIR, as I don't use either lens all that much. Still, the 14-42 is much more compact and takes excellent images in good light. Though I don't use either lens all that often, they sure come in handy for versatility and when I need weather proofing or semi-macro. Funny how I rarely use "kit lenses" but still need them! :biggrin:

Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!
  6. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    The 12mm wide-end makes for some great angles.
  7. suntoryjim

suntoryjim Mu-43 Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    Nice lines!

Is that a halo around the car in the first pic?
  8. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Feeling a bit sad but getting better

I am an admirer of littleMT's skill with almost any camera (Sony RX, OMD, EPL etc) even, as here, using the generally unloved 12-50mm kit or Pana 14mm lenses.:2thumbs:

However when her "practice" shots like these are hugely better than my "trying really, really hard shots" using the same camera I being to wonder if I should take up another hobby?:frown:

Perhaps living somewhere where the sun shines frequently rather than the predominately grey and wet Manchester in the UK might help a bit...

However she has proven to me that you do not need exotic and expensive lenses to get stunning results and has probably saved me from spending a fortune on lenses going forward - so note to self -keep trying, keep trying, keep trying etc.

Note to littleMT please continue to do what you do and provide stunning images that we can hope to match.
  9. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    The only think that I notice that is even a little wrong is the color of the sky through the windshield compared to the rest of the sky.