More Of The Same PLUS Fog

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by wlewisiii, Jul 30, 2014.

1. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William B. Lewis
    Looked outside this morning at work and it was gloomier than usual thanks to a fairly thick fog. Fog isn’t easy to work with but when it does work, it gives a wonderfully evocative look to the photographs.

So off to what has become my favorite go to location up here. Some monochrome, some color, all square ;)

_7302440.JPG

_7302444.JPG

_7302448.JPG

_7302451.JPG

Even the eagle didn't want to fly this morning... ;)

_7302460.JPG

And then the drive home beckoned.

_7302462.JPG

One of these days, I need to work my way behind these remains and see what it looks like there. I haven’t been able to find a path yet & can’t afford to rent a canoe. Still looking though, perhaps I should fire up google earth and see what the most recent sat shots show.

I’ve found it useful over the years to repeatedly return to a site and try to find different ways of seeing it. If I were still using film, this would be a great place to try and catch as a thunderhead rolled in with a red filter in place, forex. This location has become my only "go to" so far, though there are a couple of others I need to go back to again.

Eventually I see a seasonal project being what I’d like to eventually do with this locaton. Four prints, probably arranged in a square of squares ; ) Problem will be finding a digital printer to work with on the project.

• Like Like x 2
  2. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Perhaps you could rent time at a print house to print these yourself?
    It would be a shame not to try printing these, especially, in my opinion, the first three.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William B. Lewis
    I live in the middle of flyover so I'd need to find a link to a good one & then find the money for it. I may try doing some proofs at the local Walgreens though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.