1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

More Of The Same PLUS Fog

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by wlewisiii, Jul 30, 2014.

1. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William Barnett-Lewis
    Looked outside this morning at work and it was gloomier than usual thanks to a fairly thick fog. Fog isn’t easy to work with but when it does work, it gives a wonderfully evocative look to the photographs.

So off to what has become my favorite go to location up here. Some monochrome, some color, all square ;)

_7302440.JPG

_7302444.JPG

_7302448.JPG

_7302451.JPG

Even the eagle didn't want to fly this morning... ;)

_7302460.JPG

And then the drive home beckoned.

_7302462.JPG

One of these days, I need to work my way behind these remains and see what it looks like there. I haven’t been able to find a path yet & can’t afford to rent a canoe. Still looking though, perhaps I should fire up google earth and see what the most recent sat shots show.

I’ve found it useful over the years to repeatedly return to a site and try to find different ways of seeing it. If I were still using film, this would be a great place to try and catch as a thunderhead rolled in with a red filter in place, forex. This location has become my only "go to" so far, though there are a couple of others I need to go back to again.

Eventually I see a seasonal project being what I’d like to eventually do with this locaton. Four prints, probably arranged in a square of squares ; ) Problem will be finding a digital printer to work with on the project.

• Like Like x 2
  2. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Perhaps you could rent time at a print house to print these yourself?
    It would be a shame not to try printing these, especially, in my opinion, the first three.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William Barnett-Lewis
    I live in the middle of flyover so I'd need to find a link to a good one & then find the money for it. I may try doing some proofs at the local Walgreens though.