1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

More Lensbaby Fun

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by OdzBodkinz, Feb 19, 2012.

1. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    I just love using my LensBaby TT on my G3. I never got much use out of my Composer on my Nikon, but it is so much ore fun on this platform...

P1050210-XL.

P1050098-XL.

[​IMG]

P1050071-XL.

P1050056-XL.

• Like Like x 8
  2. pancake

pancake Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2010
    UK south East
    Really like the composition and colours of number two

• Like Like x 1
  3. leonberdi

leonberdi Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    Montreal
    I've never really been interested in Tilt Shift... until I saw this post. These are really beautiful images! Thanks for sharing!

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nice! You nailed it on #2. :thumbup:

5. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    +1 - such a painterly use of the bokeh ! Love #1 too, very outlandish.

6. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    Thanks, that was also with one of the Creative Aperture discs.... The swirly effect it gives the bokeh is very surreal..almost like a Van Gogh.

7. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    So these only work with Nikon lenses, yes?

8. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    You can get the Tilt Transformer in two variations for the NEX and m4/3 mount. The Tilt Transformer itself does not come with any optics, but will mount a Nikkor F Mount lens to it to act as the optic, and the TT allows it to tilt. For a little more money, you can get the TT with the Composer add on which allows swappable LB optics (though not all of them work for this particular device). I have been using the double glass Lb optic which approximates an 80mm FOV.

9. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Josh,

Give me a shout if you find yourself in Myers Park - we'll need to try out each other's latest finds (blatently self serving post - you have me interested in getting my hands on your LensBaby gear for a test drive ...)

Stephen

10. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011

Stephen, I'm going to Sedona at the end of the week. Will be back March 5th. Sometime after that, we should definitely get together.

11. speedandstyle

I thought the "Composer with Tilt Transformer" was the only product that lensbaby has for m43. It can use the lensbaby basic optics or you can remove the top and mount Nikon F lenses{even the G lenses without aperture ring although you would have to guess as to what the aperture is - if I understand the instructions on lensbaby's site correctly.}. The other lensbaby models are for DSLR models FF and APS only.

12. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    Well, you can buy it two different ways, is what I meant. You can just buy the Tilt Transformer and add your own Nikon optic to that....or you can buy the TT with the Composer (which is removable so you can still add your Nikon Optic). The second option is a little more expensive.

13. Rob917

Rob917 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 18, 2011
    jacksonville, florida usa
    Robert
    Wish I had taken #2 outstanding composition

14. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    So with the TT and Composer combo, it's all self-contained, optically speaking? No need for any other lens?

15. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    Yes, that is correct. For $349, you get everything you need. Now, you can remove the Composer part and add on any Nikon F mount. You can buy some pretty inexpensive manual focus glass at KEH.com. We're talking 50mm 1.8 and 35mm f/2 for $40-$90.....

I happen to shoot Nikon too, so I have some Nikon lenses around already...which makes it handy try different focal lengths for bending.

16. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    Thank you for clarifying this.

17. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    Okay, so I took some pics of this 'thing' in all of it's combinations.

G3 wearing the Tilt Transformer with attached Composer
    DSC4882-XL.

Exploded. You can see how the ball mount fits between the camera and the Composer body.
    DSC4884-XL.

G3 with mounted Tilt Transformer in anticipation of being mounted on that lovely 50mm 1.8.
    DSC4886-XL.

Nikon 50mm 1.8G mounted on TT.
    DSC4889-XL.

Composer with installed double glass optic posing atop Tilt Transformer.
    DSC4885-XL.

• Like Like x 1
  18. chip

chip Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
    That's great! Thank you very much!

19. speedandstyle

How hard is it to set the aperture on the "G" lens?

20. OdzBodkinz

OdzBodkinz Mu-43 Regular

Sep 11, 2011
    Not very hard at all. However, it is inexact, as far as knowing how far open you are. For this application anyway, shooting wide open suits me fine, and it is obvious when it is wide open.