More from New Mexico

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Jman, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Here are a few from today. I wanted to go to the top of Sandia Peak, but at 8,300 feet, the road was impassable, so I had to turn around. It was all good, though, as I got the first shot shown here, which I would not have gotten had I made it to the top. (I rerouted). The others are from the Coronado State Park, which is pretty cool. There's another shot of the Sandia Mountains that I think will be pretty good, but I just don't have the energy to process it right now. Enjoy!

GH2 with Panasonic 7-14mm:

GH2 with Olympus 12/2:

GH2 with Olympus 12/2:

GX1 with Olympus 45/1.8:
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Here are two more I really need my home computer for these, as it's just too hard to tell on this stinkin' laptop as to whether I'm overcooking it or not. I also can't do a few things I can do at home that I want to for these shots. I also really wish I could have taken these about two hours later in the day, but unfortunately, this location closes at 5, so it's as late as I can do.

• Like Like x 3
  3. bluebubbleboy

bluebubbleboy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2011
    Awesome photos here! That first one you posted is awesome.
  4. AlexH

AlexH Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Arkansas, U.S.
    Beautiful photographs! I really like the first and the texture of the third. Nice work! :2thumbs:
  5. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    That first shot is WOW! But the last one (2nd of the 2nd set) to me does look like overprocessed. I'm not saying it's bad, though. :smile:
  6. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    I agree, #2 is a bit overcooked. Otherwise, the series is nice, reminds me of our trip there a couple of years ago.
  7. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Very nice set...I really enjoyed the first photo - love those sunrise/sunset pics!
  8. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks, everyone. I figured I may have cooked that second one...I'll revisit it at home.

Last few from New Mexico - I go back home tomorrow. Went back up to Santa Fe and got to go to the inside of the places I didn't go the first time. Final blog post about New Mexico with details on these and the previous set: New Mexico Travel Diary – Part 4 @ Admiring Light These might also be a little over the top (especially the second), though I was sort of going for that, but if it's too much I won't really be able to tell until later on a calibrated screen. Amazing how much of a difference that can make.

Loretto Chapel:

Inside San Miguel Mission:
    • Like Like x 2