More evidence - MFT gaining acceptance

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by briloop, Feb 2, 2013.

1. briloop

briloop Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Over the past 2+ years, I have attended over 40 photography classes and events. Almost all photographers attending these classes and events would have full frame and APS-C Canons and Nikons. Rarely would I see point and shoots, other brand cameras like Sony, or even MFT cameras.

Today, I went to a portrait photography class at my local camera store in Austin, TX. There were 17 students: 13 had Canon or Nikon cameras, and 4 (including myself) had silver OM-D EM-5 cameras.

This was not the first time I saw MFT cameras at photography events, but what made this different was the number of participants with MFT cameras.

I know this is anecdotal, but, I think this is a harbinger of things to come.
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Now we just need black MFT cameras to get some respect :tongue:.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    :rofl: I hadn't thought of that. We're only attracting the fashionistas.
  4. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    I just bought a 14/2.5 Pany Cake from a professional videographer... he has sold off all his primes, including the 25/1.4 and Voigt/.095 in order to buy the two new Pany Zooms, which together cost him almost 3G's....

He got out of full frame and large format some time ago. Makes his living shooting and teaching on Toronto. Won't use anything else other than M43.... has GH2's and a new GH3 which he thinks is incredible and is waiting for a decompressing hack....

M43 has bitten in folks, it has crossed over into the professional realm. Couple the form factor with the great sensors and quality products and it is now far more than a niche play.... you can see this in the streets, in the forums, in the windows of camera shops worldwide.... watch this space in five years time.
    • Like Like x 1