1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

More climbing- GH1 w/ SMC Takumar 50/1.4

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by mr.hauser, Mar 17, 2011.

1. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 15, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    More experimentation while out climbing- this time primarily using the GH1 with an old legacy lens I acquired a while ago. Trying to get shallow depth of field.

The takumar had yellowed considerably from the radioactive elements and only recently did I buy a UV lamp to clear it up - took about 2-3 days.

Mosts shots shot at f2.0, with some at 1.4 and 2.8. 1.4 is a bit soft /glowy?

Mixed in are some shots with the 14-45 lens or 20/1.7, as i was holding a tripod over the subject and could not control focusing.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTq3OD_vz5Y]YouTube - Stoney Point Bouldering - Randomness[/ame]

• Like Like x 3
  2. hmpws

hmpws Mu-43 Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Very nice!

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    This has many nice edits ... good job.

4. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Cool video! Bouldering is great fun.

5. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 15, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the comments! Enjoying the GH1 for these videos immensely.

6. cinemafia

cinemafia Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 27, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Hey, Stoney Point! I know right where that is, I've actually climbed it myself a coupel times (did it waaay to fast once and almost threw up when I got to the top). The beginning of your video reminds me of the little sample video I just did with my E-P2 & FD 50mm/1.8, heh! Small world! I haven't done anythign serious with video in more than 10 years so I'm just dabbling my way back into it, anxious to see what else you put together.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.